What is your 2012 bull lineup?

Help Support Steer Planet:

jaimiediamond

As this year comes to close one begins to make plans for the 2012 breeding season.  What is your forecasted herd bull battery looking like?

At Diamond we have the following sires naturally covering

Diamond Prophecy 21P will be our senior herd sire for his fourth year at Diamond Shorthorns.  He will be eight this spring and is maintaining flesh, and soundness.  We are really impressed and pleased with how consistent he has been with Calving Ease, Birth Weight, and the phenotype.
prophecy2.jpg

Diamond Xplosion 23X is one of our junior herd sires.  Xplosion in our opinion is a really balanced young sire  who possesses structural soundness and appeal. 23X was out of an 11 year old dam who consistently has had some of our best calves. We are really looking forward to his first calf crop 2012.
xplosion.jpg

Diamond Young Baron 54Y this year Young Baron is sharing the role of heifer bull at Diamond.  With his light BW and being out of a 12 year old cow that is expecting a calf next year we felt that he really offers a lot of important traits for today's cattle industry. Will update photo soon 54Y is pictured at 1 month!
index.php

Glenford Captain 39X is also one of our junior herd sires.  Captain is from the excellent Bender herd in SK he combines growth, and easy fleshing ability in a attractive package.
gcaptain.jpg

Newbiggon Young Flag 52Y is joining Young Baron in the role of heifer bull this year.  We have been impressed with this young herd bull since day 1 and we really look forward to this bulls future.
youngflag.jpg

Some sires we are hoping to AI to
Circle M Ghost Rider 10G
ghostrider.jpg

Diamond Captain Mark 27C
mark.jpg

Northern Legend 3N
legend.jpg

Saskvalley Primo 40P
primo.jpg

RS DV 034 329 08
329_q2.jpg

rarebirdz

Runnin 20 Angus 5 angus f1 simmy
Have semen from shortie bull bonanza hope for prophecy and maybe the complete bull
Clubby have tiger woods grabbing rumor mill

kidsandkows

I am probably looking at trying Sunseeker or Hannibal on several of my commercial angus x cows to raise either steers or heifers. I also want to try some monopoly, eye candy, and/or walks alone. Then on my heifers I want to try Tiny Tim or Total Solution. Then I have my one clean-up bull that is a Whiskey 7 x Meyer 734/Angus. I also was thinking of trying Texas Twister but not sure what on.

This last year I tried Tiger Woods, Amen, I am Legend, Heatwave Clone, Johnny Walker Red, and on my heifers I used an Angus 6807. I am excited to see what we get.

It is really fun picking out matings, I spend hours doing it.

kidsandkows

Btw I really like your Diamond Prophecy bull. They all are nice, but I especially like him.

Shadow Hill Farm

Nice line up of bulls. Your bulls look good! I really like the Baron bull. Would love to see pictures as he matures and DP looks great for his age. I'm impressed with how he's held together.

We have 3 bulls line up to use on our small herd.

One and Only more than likely on our 1 reg. Angus. I really like him and the calves I have seen. Do have a couple of other bulls picked for her but I think I'm pretty much set on him.
Hoover Dam on 2
Kesslers Frontman on 2

I think these bulls will complete our cows very well. Hoping to have good calf crop for show and breeding 2013!  ;D

justintime

So far, it looks like we will be using HC FL Touchdown 123T ET, Shady Lane Rockstar ( 2011 Agribiton Champion by our Timeline bull), HC Bar Code 16X ET ( by Pheasant Creek Leader 4th) and possibly HC Timeline 17T ET. It was a sad day when we had to sent Major Leroy to town as he had a badly injured foot ( he was 10 years old and looked like he could go on for several more years until this injury). We will also use HC Free Spirit 6Y ET ( by Timeline and out of our Elsie's Jade donor. He is a super thick moderate framed bull with a tremendous quarter. We may need another walking bull but will see what is available in the next few months. Will post pictures later

thunderdownunder

justintime said:
So far, it looks like we will be using HC FL Touchdown 123T ET, Shady Lane Rockstar ( 2011 Agribiton Champion by our Timeline bull), HC Bar Code 16X ET ( by Pheasant Creek Leader 4th) and possibly HC Timeline 17T ET. It was a sad day when we had to sent Major Leroy to town as he had a badly injured foot ( he was 10 years old and looked like he could go on for several more years until this injury). We will also use HC Free Spirit 6Y ET ( by Timeline and out of our Elsie's Jade donor. He is a super thick moderate framed bull with a tremendous quarter. We may need another walking bull but will see what is available in the next few months. Will post pictures later

Grant
So sad to hear about Leroy, I was really looking forward to seeing him again. Leroy was a tremendous sire who has truly left his mark on the breed. We're fortunate to have that last semen shipment to Australia.

jaimiediamond, shorthorn 101 and I are just about to have a drink (or three) in Leroy's memory  <beer>

Davis Shorthorns

This year we will be using our Doc Clark bull again as a clean up bull.  We will be AI'n to Bonanza, JSF Prestige, and well havent quite decided on who else to AI to.  Then we will be flushing to captain, maybe marquis, and... well havent really figured out much more yet.  My 2 donors we will be flushing will be TM Kilmilhill 64p (full sib to TM Dazzler) and LCCC Weston mary 909x (aviator daughter)  any sugestions on who to flush to???  Kilmilhill is getting captain maybe mary also but other than that I am open to sugestions.

SmithNorthside

kidsandkows said:
I am probably looking at trying Sunseeker or Hannibal on several of my commercial angus x cows to raise either steers or heifers. I also want to try some monopoly, eye candy, and/or walks alone. Then on my heifers I want to try Tiny Tim or Total Solution. Then I have my one clean-up bull that is a Whiskey 7 x Meyer 734/Angus. I also was thinking of trying Texas Twister but not sure what on.

This last year I tried Tiger Woods, Amen, I am Legend, Heatwave Clone, Johnny Walker Red, and on my heifers I used an Angus 6807. I am excited to see what we get.

It is really fun picking out matings, I spend hours doing it.
bred sunseeker to a deep cow in he will work

wyatt

ai- i-80, shiver, irish whiskey(hopefully), chill factor

herd bull
ckf ali (ali X daines icon)

OCC lonetree

upthecreek

I almost have more bulls on my list than I have cows to breed.  This year I will use some Shadybrook Scotty.  My daughter wants me to breed some to Wolf Willow Major Leroy and I would like to use some Diamond Prophecy. 

mark tenenbaum

mark tenenbaum said:
With very few left-I will be flushing to UB DMCC Top Fuel-a home bred-solid red and horned double bred Cumberland-78 pound BW-out of Free For All and probably Young money,or Longtime Coming,there just arent that many shorthorns other than HC  Touchdown that I like anymore,maybe some older blood. Im getting to the point along with Nancy Grathwohl Heeter-that the Simms,Maines etc,just are producing more functional managable cattle that grow,arent cow killers,are thick enough FOR US( not fat enough)-and that we can SELL. The NON-CLIQUE Shorthorn market in the US SUCKS-Losing a really GOOD longtime breeder like FEEDER DUCK-is a PRIME EXAMPLE.ALONG with Rick and Rosemary Carlson,and many others.I spent TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars and never got ONE OUNCE of help when I needed it--Unlike others I am not afraid to speak my mind -CAGWIN,AEGERTER-and the whole fatt ass bunch can stick it where the sun dont shine.And if it wasnt for Maine outside money-bigshots like them and Kolt wouldnt have all those high sale numbers to trade and buy back with.I applaud the Canadian Shorthorn and other producers-I feel that other than a few commercially oriented herds-that we are all aware of: and some llegitimate range CLUBBY OKIE -Texas cattle types that have to make thier OWN WAY,-the breed is just getting to be a rich hobby persons cattle,and the circle grows smaller by the day-After 10 full sib bulls are syndicated among the same 15 breeders,-WHO THE H$%%&*ll CARES?Especially when the owners make the mistake of allowing these genetics to be used by(NEW) honest people who report BWS-and the BW EPDS go from .05-to 5,6 and 9 where they BELONG. O0

J

JTM

Same as this year with one exception.

CF Star Bucks (CF Sonic x CF Pure Picture Perfect)
CF Flex (CF Solution x CF Trump daughter)
TG/RRA Complete
A&T Renegade (Eionmor Marquis x Byland Mission (maternal sib to Captain Obvious). 2011 AI prospect bull purchased from A&T for breeding heifer groups and more. The reports on this guy have been awesome. We will be coming out with some information and marketing as soon as January.

coyote

Saskvalley Bonanza 219M
Saskvalley Tradition 106T
Einomor Highlander 84W
and a few other bulls naturally .
AI
Cummberland Gay Lad
Muridale Buster 14K
Bonneyview Hero

Attachments

• Bonanza 033 - Copy.JPG
    Bonanza 033 - Copy.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 235
  • Tradition 001 - Copy.JPG
    Tradition 001 - Copy.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 172
  • highlander 003 - Copy.JPG
    highlander 003 - Copy.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 190

Warrior10

Mine is looking like this:
5 cows- Sunseeker
5 cows- Walks Alone
1 cow- Bojo
3 cows- Tiger Woods
3 heifers- Either Northern Improvement or Fat Tony
2 cows- Carpe Diem

vet tech

AI....Heat Wave, Monopoly, Walks Alone, I80
Embryos there are different sires but mostly Heat Wave, Walks Alone, with some Solid Gold and Hoo Bears

HAB

On all of the Galloways, most of the Angus and all of the crossbreds we are using Glenfiddich Pericles (Galloway)

On the the rest of the Angus we are using a son of HBA Ranch Hand (Angus)

Attachments

• Pericles 06-11.jpg
    Pericles 06-11.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 167
  • hbranchhand.jpg
    hbranchhand.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 178