what semen to buy

Help Support Steer Planet:

cdalton9008

we gave this cow the year off because she had a little trouble with her last calf, so now i'm trying to decide what to breed her to next time and would like to know what you would think she would work best with. ???

Attachments

• Pandora 2.jpg
    Pandora 2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 122

Show Steaks

im gonna really step along ways out on a limb here, maxxim to add style and thickness, missisppis stud for thickness, walks alonte to thicken and square her up, if you want to breed her to a smoke id go smoke and mirrors

sue

c08 said:
we gave this cow the year off because she had a little trouble with her last calf, so now i'm trying to decide what to breed her to next time and would like to know what you would think she would work best with. ???

I WANT THE YEAR OFF?

WFCC

heat wave or who made who. Who made who x charolais seem to make good clubby mamas

BadgerFan

If this cow has a history of calving issues and has spent the year "off" I'd not even think about Heat Wave, and probably not even a son.

arincker

I say use an Angus bull bc look out it would be a cross but he has great  caving eas and thats what i would want for a cow having  caving problems  we use him and had a 80 lb calf its alive all i asked

SEA

c08 said:

I guess I would like to know what "little trouble" she had, and why you gave her a year off. 

cdalton9008

SEA said:
c08 said:

I guess I would like to know what "little trouble" she had, and why you gave her a year off. 
her calf was out of a pb charolais bull and it ended up the calf came out at over130 lbs and we had a real rough time pulling it. we lost the calf and we nearly lost her. We were all at work when she decided to calve and it took nearly 48 hours just to get her to stand again.

DLD

Might consider Carpe Diem.  He seems to work real well on Charolais cows and you won't have to worry about birtweight issues.