what shorthorn bull to use?

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

CAB said:
I know that it seems like everyone is thinking Vegas but I think take a look @ some calves out of Absolut of Stream's maybe give Sue a call about'em Chris. I think that he looks like he would add power and the calves would be moderate frame size. The bull looks like he is made right. I like the fact that he  is clean also. JMO. I thinl Absolut was the best short I saw at Denver that year-he has dissappeared-dont think his semen froze O0

mark tenenbaum

If thats THE ANGUS MOM-I would considerJomans  leader plus (sire of Eskimo Joe) because of the old main and CHI  genetics -and he threw alot of blues- There are two (gotta research a little) blues on Cattle visions,Bar C zuess and the one 2 steps down-owners in the western club caf mag,Maybe Buddy Love-(watch that they arent too straight) Rain Maker-is a blue that throws em -and has all the right genetics for angus-, MB Steermaker-Bighurt (his son)-Tequila-(by Bighurt)-all3 are clean- and Fringe (as mentioned) HOWEVER--Ive used alot of KABA-and cant get anything but black-even out of an almost white KABA Leader-out of a full sib to Rose-go figure-that fullblood coler scheme is deep in those cattle When all is said and done-you dont know how pretty some of the ones out of old scholl deals will be VEGAS gets my vote, and on paper-the gamble Id take would be INDIAN OUTLAW-Angus-Hereford (look) and Shorthorn-gotta be COOL-most likely to be blue O0

kfacres

Try this bul, he's almost white...

JJC Dr. Feelgood VT07.   reg number *x4134721

He's a Wildside x Vortec- giving you plenty of tommorrow 'outcross' options if you don't have any Vortec. NO Double Stuff, Trump, JPJ, Gizmo, Rodeo Drive, or Venture!!  He's a polled, 6.3 frame bull, with excellent color- especially for making blues, of which is a plus!! Dr Feelgood has been used on purebreds of all colors, and crossbreeds of every origin. We have also used him on heifers! Our bull has an excellent front end, a super/ massive hip, on an abundance of stoutness- and it's all coupled together with soundness, balance, and body!  

We think Feelgood can sire excellent bulls and heifers. His pedigree wouldn't suggest anything different. Many Wildside females have been winning shows- and competing with the best of em- across the country- and most importantly many breeders can attest that those females will produce too!  Wildside himself is an outstanding 9 year old bull- his picture can be viewed on here by doing a search!- I can't attach more than 5 pictures, otherwise, I'd put one on!

Our bull also has many closeup shots of the great Steermaker and Cunia- (both parents are Steermaker grand-offspring).  And as we all know Steermaker is one of the only bulls in Shorthorn breed history to sire a National Champion bull, heifer, and steer!

Our bull also has the Steerplanet push- his breeder regularly visits this site, as do I! Also, he's an affordable semen'd bull costing only $15. and certs are also $15- will be collected by Interglobe.  

I will attach a picture of him, both profile and rear view, some calves, a one of Feelgood's mother at 7 years of age. (not sure why pics are so small, they weren't on my 1st post!  PM or email me for larger ones!

Attachments

• 1a53d90c124c6ba4f64a403f5297d20a.jpg
    1a53d90c124c6ba4f64a403f5297d20a.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 775
  • b7dc2e9a3131e8bf898b2ef2af19a64a.jpg
    b7dc2e9a3131e8bf898b2ef2af19a64a.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 768
  • 8c753bc81547aa5a4743ccef18b5f05e.jpg
    8c753bc81547aa5a4743ccef18b5f05e.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 763
  • 421329bc359003e56bfaf45f150a17d8.jpg
    421329bc359003e56bfaf45f150a17d8.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 760
  • d8394c667963e9d1557a55e083c4b920.jpg
    d8394c667963e9d1557a55e083c4b920.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 770

shortyjock89

CAB said:
Olson Family Shorthorns said:
CAB said:
I know that it seems like everyone is thinking Vegas but I think take a look @ some calves out of Absolut of Stream's maybe give Sue a call about'em Chris. I think that he looks like he would add power and the calves would be moderate frame size. The bull looks like he is made right. I like the fact that he  is clean also. JMO.

have you seen calves from Absolut? I'd love to use him, but last I knew, he didn't even have any semen froze.

Justin I have not seen any yet. I have been watching the bull since he 1st came on the seen. He didn't freeze early enough that first season to get calves out there which hurts a new one. Sue called me when the first calves started coming and asked me to come and look, but I have never made it over there to see them.  I like the looks, but need to go take a look sometime when I have time.
  Have you gotten any calves out of your new sire? What did you name him?

The only sire we have is Hi- View's Red Diamond, that we own with Vogel's. We only have one calf so far out of him, but he's pretty darn good. We should have about 8 more this year, starting within the next week and going through may. 

stkrdge

We just flushed this angus donor to Vegas. The picture was taken last week I dont know why the date on the picture came out wrong.

Attachments

• natasha.jpg
    natasha.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 185

Show Steaks

Are you keeping deer in that pen jeez that fence is high lol.... amazing female you have there, how is she bred and what do you conisder her frame size

OH Breeder

If that is Monopoly's mother it explains the reason he is really adding body to some of his calves. nice cow (thumbsup)

Latest posts