what should i breed her to

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

When you say needs bigger frame I am assuming you have plenty of bone just need to increase the size and is she a heifer?

mlcattle

get it done, sunseeker, i think dirty hairy would be ok. hannibal might give some size

mooch

most of those suggestions are doubling up Who Made Who. becareful.

beefy08

Just so we can get all the facts straight, this is a heifer you are breeding for her first calf? If so, go for the live calf, worry about other stuff later. If she has already had her first calf, any of the suggestions should be good. Is she TH free?

OH Breeder

beefy08 said:
Just so we can get all the facts straight, this is a heifer you are breeding for her first calf? If so, go for the live calf, worry about other stuff later. If she has already had her first calf, any of the suggestions should be good. Is she TH free?

I guess that is what I was trying to figure out. If it's a heifer my bull choices would be totally different than a second calver cow etc.

Heifer
OCC LEgend- Give you body but not a lot of frame
Northern Improvement will be a great calving ease suggestion and might be able to add some frame.

Depends on what you are shooting for. I feel sometimes purebred bulls are more predictable than crossbred bulls.

OH Breeder

big tylerr said:
would paddy o' mally give her more frame

The paddies I have seen have been all over the place. Are you wanting to go Maine? There are a ton of Maine folks that are quiet experienced breeders. Hopefully they jump in here.
The only purbred/percentage I had success with was Calberta Black Impact and Kadabara. Impact improved size and length of body.

jon19

i would try wisdom or gucci on her. we just hit our golden child to wisdom and she needs more frame size. wisdom should add that and some style

Latest posts