What Simmental bull to use?

Help Support Steer Planet:

MellenkampFarms

I am looking to flush my cow in a couple weeks.  I have a daughter of SS U-Knights Misti and In Dew Time.  She is solid structure and overall nice donor cow.  Looking for help or opinions on what simmental bulls you guys have used lately or would recommend that have shown good quality calves.

gary89

Without seeing the cow, combustible and high regard are very good and popular.

firesweepranch

MellenkampFarms said:
I am looking to flush my cow in a couple weeks.  I have a daughter of SS U-Knights Misti and In Dew Time.  She is solid structure and overall nice donor cow.  Looking for help or opinions on what simmental bulls you guys have used lately or would recommend that have shown good quality calves.

We bought some SS U Knights Misty x Lock N Load embryos, got a spring bull calf that is the best we have put on the ground! He is missing the white face, but huge boned and thick! The other two eggs are set up for September and January calvings, and I am super excited. So, the genetics are similar, seemed to click for this mating.

ATM OH

He doesnt get used much or enough but I have an impressive Card Uproar calf on the ground.  The Black Jade genetics are hard to top.  Love the look of the red baldy Houston bull that Griswold has semen on too.

class2sp

I purchased lot 19 Priceless from the Lazy H Dispersal which would be a full sib to your cow....She was bred to Lock n Load and had a Baldy heifer that is very nice.I didn't think she would get big enough but she will be the right size and fancy....I would say it would be worth flushing to.We flushed her to GLS new Direction, Wide Track and High regard all invitro with sexed semen....Good Luck...Ferguson Show Cattle

MellenkampFarms

I bought lot 20, Misti. She had a baldy bull calf from lock n' load.  I really like his looks and structure. I have been contemplating using him again, but looking at other options. 

Taylor Show Cattle

This is a PB Combustible bull we bought and will have semen for sale on this fall.  He is the first Combustible calf on the market, as good or better than his sire!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 651

BogartBlondes

Combustible, TNT Top Gun and Lock N Load have all given me excellent calves. We have a good Lock N Load calf off of an In Dew Time cow on the ground.

BLRanch

Gargan said:
ATM OH said:
  Love the look of the red baldy Houston bull that Griswold has semen on too.
Likewise. I think we'll be seeing some doozies out of him in time!!

Houston has actually been around a while and sired a few champions, the most recent one that comes to mind would be  the called  "Lincoln" that Elmore Cattle Services, Griswold, Helm, and Bisel own.

Gargan

Houston  has been around a short while  but my comment was based around the fact that griswolds bought in on him and he is more affordable now, so I expect to see way more winners and high sellers outta him.

firesweepranch

Gargan said:
Houston  has been around a short while  but my comment was based around the fact that griswolds bought in on him and he is more affordable now, so I expect to see way more winners and high sellers outta him.

I have seen a few of his calves and have liked them, but have you seen his EPD's? Not so good, if you are worried about that kind of thing, like we are. Wish they were better.

Gargan

A Houston daughter, and I agree on his epds but I don't pay much attention to #s. Just like high regard has bad #s but some tremendous phenotype prodigy.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 612

gary89

CARD Uproar is an Upgrade son that someone mentioned earlier. I saw him last year at Nichols and he is good.