What simmy bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

flatwoodscattle

Thought about just raising replacement heifers that would make excellent club calf mama's I have Angus cows and heifers. What Simmy bull would everyone like to breed these Angus to to make good replacements?

One other question what is your thought on the bull Stands Alone he looks like a good maternal bull for Maine cross replacements.

Woody

Im a huge fan of Dream On, but if your cows arent 5.5 frame or bigger I would use King Meyer, not a calving ease bull but I love my calves out of him.  Dream On is a great calver and the calves are sale worthy. Semen is expensive if you can find it but worth the money.  King meyer will make them pretty and thick with as good bone as you will find for a meyer son with good fleshing ability.    Hope this helps.
                                                                  Woody <beer>

LostFarmer

I would look to the Backlash/Whiplash/Radar breeding.  They are out of Meyer and a Cunia x Angus cow.  That old cow is a maternal powerhouse.  Not pretty but she makes some great cattle.  To my way of thinking there aren't many club mama makers that are any better.  http://www.cattlevisions.com/Simmental/Backlash.php The bull Aftershock is out of one of her daughters.  The guy that flushed her a couple times said that bred to a yellow dog she would make a calf.  LF

CCW

Aftershock and Maximus are proven clubby mama makers. LBS The Foreman is a young up and coming bull who has already produced some nice females in his first 2 crops. An unproven bull who you might try who is bred to be a female maker is Griswold's Whizard bull. He is a Steel Force X Chill Factor X Angus. He would make your females 1/4 Simmental, 1/8 Maine, 5/8 Angus and I think he could be very consistent in producing fancy replacment females due to his breeding. Griswold's are known for cranking out females who produce the great steers.

rocknmranch

LostFarmer said:
I would look to the Backlash/Whiplash/Radar breeding.  They are out of Meyer and a Cunia x Angus cow.  That old cow is a maternal powerhouse.  Not pretty but she makes some great cattle.  To my way of thinking there aren't many club mama makers that are any better.  http://www.cattlevisions.com/Simmental/Backlash.php The bull Aftershock is out of one of her daughters.  The guy that flushed her a couple times said that bred to a yellow dog she would make a calf.   LF

This is the breeding that I am using. Found myself a Backlash on top and Meyerx on the bottom, bull. White face, gentle, balanced. Using him on some older char, sim, murry greys this year to check how his calving ease is.

Show Steaks

Stands Alone is Awesome , when you look at him you see a maternal powerhouse in the making, great depth of body, enough musckle for females, and good foot and leg structre, a bull that even at stud caught your eye.

As for the replacemnt simmy's out of angus cows.... i bred mine sexed "grandmaster" thsi year we'll see how they turn out.
I also like fat butt, maximus, harwood 209, macho, black bear and meyer