What song should i use?

Help Support Steer Planet:

wpenrod

Ive been working on a website and I cant come up with a good cattle or farm related song to put on the site, not a John Deere fan so anything songs talking about JD are out. Anyone have any ideas?

Bawndoh

I agree on the silence part as well.  9 times out of 10 I get mad when they have music because it scares me, because the speakers are cranked, or because I was already listening to something else!

CAB

I agree with everyone, no music. I have moved on more than once when I wait then hear music. The faster you can get me to cattle, the better. JMO

usu265

music immediately makes your website cheezy and annoying! don't put any on it!!!!

drl

If you want to do music, add it to a video for a calf or a bull or something that only plays when you click on it and not automatically. showsteers.com used to put music on everything but not anymore.

justintime

and if you still aren't sure what to do... I will move to another website if there is music playing on it. I find it very annoying, even if I like the song. If I want to listen to music I will go to a music site

6M Ranch

I agree with everyone else, silence is golden.  But if you do have to use music, don't use the weird ringtone versions of songs.

DLD

I too vote for silence from your  website.  I usually have my own music playing while I'm browsing, and there's nothing like two different songs trying to play through your speakers at once to make you flee a site.

Also, I believe there are legal issues with using copyrighted material in advertising.  Don't know that it's really likely to cause you problems, but I'd say the possibility does exist.  I'm pretty sure this is why alot of web builders use those cheesy instrumental versions of dated popular songs.