What To Breed her too?

Help Support Steer Planet:

LilJoe1991

This heifer has been shown a lot for the past year. With her fancy look and extra chrome turned the heads of several people in the show ring. She was the Res. Grand Senior Yearling % Simmental Heifer at Kansas City. This outstanding heifer won the % Simmental show all over Oklahoma. She had the top % Simmental Heifer points in the OCCA. She was the Grand Champion Heifer in our county show 2 years in a row. This excellent maternal phenotype heifer has plenty of extra rib shape and dimension. Selling Flushes... Would appreciate feed back on herd sires that would work well with her.  She is out of Invincible X SimmixAngus

Attachments

• Foxy Soxy..jpg
    Foxy Soxy..jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Foxy Soxy oye.jpg
    Foxy Soxy oye.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 201

WIshowgirl

Vet tech,
Have you used Duff Outer Limits before? How did you like the calves? We bred a couple of our cows, they will calve next year.
We also used Duff Encore, Duff Jetset, EXAR Tyron, HF Tiger.  :)

bcosu

we thought about breeding a maintainer heifer to open bar but didn't buy the semen early enough. she'll prolly get bred to him next year. i've only seen a couple but i really liked the heifer i saw and she did some winning in indiana.

justintime

Find a true calving ease bull and breed her. Get her into production before you try producing the next great one. You have a very good heifer and her breeding value should be protected by developing her into a great brood cow properly. I have seen lots of super heifers get really messed up because the owner got greedy trying for a great calf from the first mating, and having calving complications. There are some calving ease choices out there, that will result in a nice calf.

Show Steaks

Grizzly, Northern Improvement, Duff Outer Limits for that first live calf and still marketable

SOS, Maximus, Stands Alone, OCC Anchor,Conclusion(yardley)... i'd use these if i wasnt going to worry about calving

TJR

Just a question-  You say she is by Invincible out of a simmXangus cow.  Is she a quarter blood simm? 

TJR

Then how did you show her in KC as a simm?  They are to be at least a half-blood to show in an ASA sanctioned show.