What to breed my really chubby Red Angus too??

Help Support Steer Planet:

kfacres

cowman said:
sue said:
I thinking of something different but not black. Has to be sound, low birth weight and proven. She is 5 frame or less, suprisingly good haired and  huge rib.  I  dont want THC or PHAC but club calf mating for sure.
My nephew is old enough show so we definately want a good disposition. 

Since nobody wants to speak to the elephant in the room I guess I must at least ask...You want to be "clubby", yet no black, no thc, no phc, low birth weight, proven, and be able to FRAME UP and 5 frame cow???

Serious discussion...90% of clubby bulls are either thc or phc. 90% of the remaining 10% are NOT low birth weight. 90% of the remaining bulls won't add growth/qualify as proven.

In all seriousness good luck but I don't think a clubby bull is really what you want.

agree... might try captain morgan, I may be wrong, but I think he'd do the trick and is double clean

sue

I thank you for the suggestions. I checked a few things out in ' club calf world" and I liked the looks for Yellow Jacket. They showed a pasture shot of him and other sires too.  He looks sound

shorthorn boy

What about using a shorthorn bull on here? Could register it in the Shorthorn plus/Durham Red program.

sue

Shorthorn Boy Funny you asked. We are shorthorn breeders and we purchased some RA for that reason- DR. Duchess has a daughter in the herd by Captain Obvious who is shown below. Duchess will calve probably next week back to him.
The kids  (my niece and nephew)have to sell SH and DR steers so it might be nice to have an option  without competing against the customer? Captain calves have done very well for us. His steers are competitive and bulls have sold very well. Females are too moderate to compete in Shorthorn but we are not looking for the next best show heifer either so I am satified with marketing bulls along with some steers. 

Attachments

• Captain Obvious LR.pdf
    188.5 KB · Views: 400

Show Heifer

Sue, I PM'd you about a few bulls. I gathered some info and think they are real possibilities! 
(Your welcome! Glad you posted a pic! Nice cow!!)

90% of "clubby bulls" are not carriers. 90% of USED clubby bulls are carriers because that is what people have been trained to use. But that is a whole different thread!

cowman

Hey Show Heifer...if they aren't USED they cannot be PROVEN.