What to charge for hauling

Help Support Steer Planet:

petejc72

I am going to Denver this year and a friend asked if he could put 4 head on my trailer.  How do people figure out what to charge for hauling???  X amount per mile, so much per head, a flat fee???  Thanks for any ideas you guys might have.

WBar Farms

I was charged 300 to haul a steer to cheynee from illinois but if you are going to denver anyway then maybe not so much cause that'd be pretty steep.

Bain Simmental

The guy i bought my commercial steers from for Houston hauled anyone from the area that asked in his pot he just divided the cost of diesel per head so say it was $100 to make the trip with 10 head and i had 3 head on the trailer id pay him $30.

blackcows

petejc72 said:
I am going to Denver this year and a friend asked if he could put 4 head on my trailer.  How do people figure out what to charge for hauling???  X amount per mile, so much per head, a flat fee???  Thanks for any ideas you guys might have.

Since it's a friend maybe you could just ask that he pay for the fuel, you have the wear and tear on your pickup and trailer or maybe half the fuel.  You were going anyway so whatever you charge you will be money ahead.

Mike

Latest posts