What to flush a Cheap Trick Cow to?

Help Support Steer Planet:

IA Guy

I have a pretty good Cheap Trick cow were going to flush soon and we are looking for ideas on what to flush her to. She has had several sun seeker calves that were nice but got a little staight later on. We also tried heatwave and got a complete dud! The cow was shown as a market heifer and is pretty sound and very massive. Maybe needs a to be more feminine with a smoother front end. She is out of a red white face cow so there is the possibility of throwing some colored calves as well. Any help on what has worked well for you would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Alot

nck21

I know there are limited calves out of him but Highliner might be a good fit. The bull looks like he will throw sound calves that will be functional.

OH Breeder

http://www.acaregistry.org/detail.aspx?reg=298091

He is a Who son so, Heat Seeker or Pale Face. Pale Face would be moderate and should give you pretty fancy calf. If the momma has plenty of mass, pale face would compliment that. Cheap Trick has all the greats in his pedigree, Draft Pick, Meyer 734 Who Made Who. You probably could get away with using a simmi as well. 3 C Macho would give you some nice females. I like what macho did on our Who Cow. Just a thought. I do not have any personal experience with Cheap Trick. This is just an opinion. ;)

TODD

We had our 1st calf last sunday. It was a 70# bull calf out of Womanizer and a Cheap Trick/Angus cow. He is pretty cool. long necked .thick made with alot of bone,hairy and correct on his feet

Telos

OCC Legend wound help put some angle in the hind leg set and the heifers wound be real nice.

forcheyhawk

I have a Cheap Trick 1st calf heifer that just calved a Northern Improvement calf (hard pull).  Weighed the calf and it was 102 lbs.  Looks like a pretty decent bull calf, but I could have done without the 102 lbs hard pull.  Just be thankful the dang thing is alive at this point.  Anyhow, my thoughts was that Northern Improvement would really click here.  I'll tell you in a few months.
I'm not sure that Macho would make them sound enough or soft enough especially on a Cheap Trick.  What about Gigolo Joe?  Anyone have any thoughts on that.  It's one that I thought might click and I may give it a try next go around.

OH Breeder

forcheyhawk said:
I have a Cheap Trick 1st calf heifer that just calved a Northern Improvement calf (hard pull).  Weighed the calf and it was 102 lbs.  Looks like a pretty decent bull calf, but I could have done without the 102 lbs hard pull.  Just be thankful the dang thing is alive at this point.  Anyhow, my thoughts was that Northern Improvement would really click here.  I'll tell you in a few months.
I'm not sure that Macho would make them sound enough or soft enough especially on a Cheap Trick.  What about Gigolo Joe?  Anyone have any thoughts on that.  It's one that I thought might click and I may give it a try next go around.

What was the cow's track record on BW? Every bull can have an outlier.

I have never seen an unsound Macho. I suppose that is possible. Please do share. I know he has some set to his rear leg but I always thought it was more under than out. ???

Joe- Would not be my first choice of Maine bulls to use.

mlcattle

we have a cheap trick cow that we bred to monopoly and so far looks like a dang good lil heifer. all the parts are there, and he added some chrome to em, momma is a blaze face with white belly and the baby is chromed up more than momma.

Latest posts