what to flush to

Help Support Steer Planet:

WSC2010

PB Shorthorn. Elderado X Mirage 808. We were thinking I80, Who Da Ace, Man on a Mission. Asset, lowrider, salute. Anyone other suggestions? She is a TH carrier

Attachments

• IMG_20151204_204439.jpg
    IMG_20151204_204439.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 158

Doc

Is she a DS carrier? As an Elderado dtr, she could be. If she hasn't been tested for DS, then Asset would be out. Of the ones you have listed , I would go with Low Rider for purebreds and I-80 for Pluses. My Salute , I threw on the ground. He will sure pretty up an udder, but I can't live with his BEPD and the high BW stigma.

WSC2010

We are going to draw blood this week for DS. She had a jpj this year and he is doing very well for the people that bought him. I was thinking salute to make steers. But I could be wrong?

Medium Rare

I'd scrap the Salute idea. Stacking an 11% coi cow with a -5 ced, and a 6 bw under a tightly related 20% coi bull with a -8 ced, 8.7 bw, is a pretty bad idea.

Everyone and their brother's cousin has been passing trump x rodeo genetics around for the better part of two decades. I really don't have a suggestion, but I'd be looking for some fresh blood on the shorthorn side.

mark tenenbaum

I concur with Doc-on both counts and especilly like Low Rider on her breeding- I posted these three in another thread- the first 2 are proven CE-and the second has 1-80-sin city and 1 of the best Northern Improvement cows on the planet-and the third-YOUNG MONEY-would work big time-hes haf shorthorn-x Eye Candy and clean-maybe not as CE as the others-DEFINITELY NOT the cow kiiler-Salute is, and those salutes that survive are hard doing and just not usefull. O0 1: Martindell Enticer-does it all-has been used on alot of hiefers-2600 pounds (they grow) and thicker than almost any bull of any breed his size on this site. 2: Excel 80-full sib to JR National bred and owned maintainer-hes a truck an i-80 etc. 3: Young Money-see TRASHES SITE-hes siring calves better than himself out of all kinds of different breeds and produced a very impressive promotion bull-Renegade Blue O0

Gargan

I agree with Mark, young money could be real good on her. Keep an eye out for hi ho silver calves this spring, he could be a great option also if he lives up to half of the hype. Made 2 order also is one to look at (although semen is limited) Looks like a very nice female, btw