What to name steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

bsshow

Ok now. we need a real good name for a black and white steer that is out of eye candy. They are looking for a name that everybody remembers. any opinions help.

Thanks,
BSS

vc

Sometimes it is best to just wait and see if they name themself, we have had a PITA, Big But-, Fat Boy (no explanation for those 3), Rain Man (He was just a little special), Billy Jack (early on it seemed like he knew Karate), Flash, took him about an hour to get any where, We have also had a Steve the Steer, plus  Bill and Ted.

Friends of ours have had a Bucket Head, (he got a bucket stuck on his head)

twistedhshowstock

Just asking why they want a name that everybody remembers for a steer? As long as they remember it is all that matters, and for a steer it should be something that fits the steer and the family.  I am just saying this because as a steer he wont be promoted with a name so there is no need for him to have anything catchy, and regardless of how good he is or what you name him, as a steer people wont talk about him enough to remember it anyway.  If he is a barn burner he will always be remembered as "That good black and white Thriller calf that ______ showed in 2011/2012"
So I guess what I am trying to say is they shouldnt focus on having a catchy name that everybody remembers and is catchy, they should do like mentioned above and wait and let him name himself, it will mean a lot more to them in the long run anyway!

shortdawg

Our best steer ever was named "Opie" ! Pretty generic huh ? I've always liked names that kind of go together like Opie and Annie, Deke and Zeke, Cheese and Cracker, Peanut and Butter..........