What would you rather compete in?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Weaverv3

Chi influnce class or maine? I know it depends on your animal, but we have a steer that we were told could classify either or. I like him, but which would you rather comepete in based on experience?

Silver

If you posted a picture of the calf we could tell you what division we think he belongs in.

CAB

Here in the midwest, the chi influenced classes are as tough or tougher than the x-bred classes. Everyone thinks that they are going to find less competition but it is really just another few classes of x-breds.

drl

CAB you are right on that. Some of the Maine classes are just as tough too. The Chi division is tough and with heifers I would go commerical rather than chi at tough shows.

Weaverv3

Sorry guys, I dont have a decent picture. We registerd him in maine, both are hard here but we will see how it goes I guess

iowabeef

Heatwaves can now be shown in the Maines so you won't get away from them by showing there.....Gracie Russel's calf that won the Maines on day 2 of the Iowa Summer Beef Expo was a Heatwave....

fed_champions

it depends on his body type, chis are usually a little cleaner patterned, tighter ribbed, and neater fronted, whereas maines are a bit chunkier fronted and softer made