Whats it worth? (Trailer related)

Help Support Steer Planet:

Blank

Just looking to see what people think it might be worth...

2001 16' Sooner Stockman Low Profile Gooseneck trailer
Fully enclosed w/ plexiglass windows
A/C
Insulated roof
1" rubber matting on entire floor
Floating gate with additional gate that can be removed
4' Side loading ramp

Thoughts???

BCCC

Without seeing it, just knowin that its a low pro with plexi glass and a ramp, somewhere around 10,000

afhm

BCCC said:
Without seeing it, just knowin that its a low pro with plexi glass and a ramp, somewhere around 10,000
Even being that old?  I would have thought around 7500.  you can't haul much with it, after you get all your tack loaded there'd be room for 2 head in the front comfortably.

pjkjr4

afhm said:
BCCC said:
Even being that old?  I would have thought around 7500.  you can't haul much with it, after you get all your tack loaded there'd be room for 2 head in the front comfortably.

I would say closer to the $7500.00 than the $10,000.00 I had been in the market for about 6 months when I finally found one. It is a 2009 Elite that was down at TTR in Texas. I think they call it a club calf special. 8' x 24' with a 4' tack room, black skin, polished aluminum, rubber mats, floating gate, ramp, tie rails, plexiglass, etc., etc. He said that it had been on his lot since January, and I was only the 2nd person to call about it. Needless to say, he was more than ready to deal on it. I couldn't have paid much more than cost for it, however, I don't know what his margin is on those things, but I feel like I got a very good deal on it.

If you know wher the trailer came from, and how it was taken care of, then obviously, it's worth more. There's lots and lots of trailers for sale, so my advice would be, if it's not EXACTLY what you want/need, then pass it by. I can just barely get 2 fat steers in the front of mine and all the equipment in the back, with 20' of floor space.

Hope this helps.

jallen

I would agree with out a picture its hard but most likely you looking from 5000 to 10000 depending on buyer and condition. The main problem is how short it is not to many people want anything less than a 20. Hope This helps

aj

The only reason I got married is because my wife...then a widow woman had a good gooseneck trailer. I had a pickup but needed a trailer. So far its worked out. No divorces....but still after 18 years of marriage frostbite feels sorry for her. She probably has a good point though. ;D

CJC

Blank
Don't forget about me if you sell that other stuff. Started coming to Louisiana today 2-10-10 for crawfish. If you still have my # still give me a call. I want to talk to you about some other places to get crawfish. cjc

BCCC

The reason I said 10k is because it is a Alum low profile, with a side ramp and plexiglass, with a/c and two dividers in a 16 foot trailer, Pig and sheep people would be all over it. I have seen pig people spend outrageous prices on low pros.

Jill

aj said:
The only reason I got married is because my wife...then a widow woman had a good gooseneck trailer. I had a pickup but needed a trailer. So far its worked out. No divorces....but still after 18 years of marriage frostbite feels sorry for her. She probably has a good point though. ;D
I can tell you your wife brought more than just a good gooseneck trailer!  You should be very thankful you somehow bamboozled her into marrying you, must have been a weak moment! (clapping)

AAOK

afhm said:
BCCC said:

I sold my 1992 Gooseneck, 20' X 7' ,Sooner, plain Jane in 2008 for $7500.  It was on the market for 1 week.  I could have easily gotten $9500.

Blank

BCCC said:
The reason I said 10k is because it is a Alum low profile, with a side ramp and plexiglass, with a/c and two dividers in a 16 foot trailer, Pig and sheep people would be all over it. I have seen pig people spend outrageous prices on low pros.

When I say Low Pro I dont mean like those super low pig/sheep trailers. Im 5'10" and can stand up straight in this one. Granted I'd hit my head on the AC or door getting out but thats not by much. You'd be suprised just how much easier this one is to pull versus your standard high sided trailers. It really helps milage as well. Heres a recent pic of it. We used it for the last time last week so its due for a good cleaning. We're asking $12500.

DSC00514.jpg