What's Your Secret Winning Combo? Will You Share?

Help Support Steer Planet:

rocknmranch

I was just wondering what everyone's actual breakdown of feed is for their steers and heifers. What percentage of roughage/ grain/ filler/ ect do you use? Do you change the percentages around once they get to a certain weight? How different is it feeding heifers vs steers? I know this info is out there in SteerPlanet world, but was wondering if we could get it in one place.

Thanks!!!

rtmcc

Its different for every one.  There is no one set formula. we have a base mix and then add to it according to what we feel each one needs  ...  More corn, more oats, fast fat, more protein, more fiber or fill.  Remember to make your adjustments slowly, over a couple days time.  And don't change it every three days. wait a couple of weeks and see how they change.  For us with the Angus it seems to be too easy to go to far to fast.  Its a lot easier to put it on fast at the end than it is to take it off fast at the end.
Good Luck.

Ron
<cowboy>

horseshoe b

rocknmranch said:
I was just wondering what everyone's actual breakdown of feed is for their steers and heifers. What percentage of roughage/ grain/ filler/ ect do you use? Do you change the percentages around once they get to a certain weight? How different is it feeding heifers vs steers? I know this info is out there in SteerPlanet world, but was wondering if we could get it in one place.

Thanks!!!
        you need to ask  AAOK  he has a good recipe      seems to be working fine  for me though  i have only been using it about 3 weeks