Wheatland Bull 680s

Help Support Steer Planet:

simbuys

Any ya'll seen a new Simmental bull from Canada Wheatland 680S he is homo black homo pulled sure wish i had a bunch of calves off this bugger, Any one know much about him>.. Very impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bulldaddy

I've heard of Wheatland bull 131L.  He is  sired b y Nichols Black Destin D12 and the sire Ranch Hand, a new calving ease sire  from
ABS.  Never heard of  Weatland 680S.

Our best bull calf this year was out of 680S - we've got him consigned to the Iowa Beef Expo.  We also got a couple dandy heifers out of him.  We didn't hesitate to use him again and can't wait to see the calves this spring.

Bawndoh

http://www.wheatlandcattle.com/
I can tell you these people have a phenomenal set of cattle.  If you walk by their show string, you will drool.  They are the kind of cattle producers that you would take cattle from their cull pen.  They're just GOOD!
I have to be honest, their website doesn't do justice to the quality of the cattle.  They are defiantly better in person. 
Use with CONFIDENCE :)

88AG

Any new info on this bull I saw a lot of calves were sired by him at agribition where can we get semen in U. S.  Is he safe for heifers? Thanks

vcsf

680S can throw some bigger calves so should not be considered safe on heifers.  The current story is that there is no more semen available.

RMRW

B&J Cattle Co. in Greencastle IN used him with great success, with a stellar set of calves outta him this past spring. Then bred em all back to him again...

Vist their website bjcattleco.com i think... Give Brice or Jeff a call about their experiance with the bull.

creativecattle

680 has been around for a bit now, and there were lots of really good cattle out of him at Agribition. They were selling semen last year, but have taken it off the market this year.

3dfarms

I think they are referring to Wheatland Bull 608S who is also known as Red Hummer.  The 680S bull is solid black and built very similar to Wheatland Bull 131L "Teddy" whose availability in the US is very rare now.  We have some semen on the Teddy bull and he can make some awesome cattle.  Teddy and 680S both will throw some tanks, but can put a heavy front on some animals.  Hope this helps.

VVCC

One of the best Simmental bulls I've seen is the 680 son that won Agribition this year.  He is way nicer fronted than 680 and was really sound.  I think he was the second high seller in their bull sale.