which bull to use for calving ease to make a show heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

sizzler14

i have a bismark x ebonys trademark heifer that were wanting to breed this year. shes a first calf heifer. we will be using sexed heifer semen in her. i was wondering which people thought i could get a small live heifer out of that later becomes a show heifer. my three options that i like are, K-ler Make it Rain, Uno Mas (simmy), or Connely Final Product

Biomurph

Love the looks of the Make it Rains that we have had.  Just an FYI, I believe MIR's CE epd is quite low.  Make sure you check it out....not sure if I would use him on a heifer, although we did 2 years ago (when his CE epd was better) and she had the calf without any issues. 

Davidsonranch

I think all three are good options.  I really like the Uno Mas calves I've seen.  Nothing mind blowing, but solid small calve that appear to make some pretty good mama's.

Limiman12

We had six Direct Whiskey without having to pull.....  like they way they are growing and look.

korytm

This is a Uno Mas x Irish Whiskey we'll  be showing this year.  She was 75 lbs out of a 1st calf heifer.  We used him on a couple more heifers this year and are extremely pleased with those also. All have been born unassisted out of all different breedings.

Attachments

• 2015-03-20 19.38.19.png
    2015-03-20 19.38.19.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 424

HomeRaised

Limiman12 said:
We had six Direct Whiskey without having to pull.....  like they way they are growing and look.

I was hoping for your results, but I had a 93# bull calf and a 95# bull calf out of Direct Whiskey. One dead and one alive. I have another coming in 2 weeks that is ultrasound as a heifer calf. I hope this one is small. I wont use on heifers again. I am going to use Slider this year on heifers.

b_kackley

The Uno Mas calves have been really nice. Almost everyone I know around here has used him. No reports of monster calves and they look really good. I would definitely recommend him.