Whitch bulls work best on very clubby Heat Seeker females ???

Help Support Steer Planet:

branson.m.

I want to flush my Heat Seeker cow and I want to consider all bull suggestions before i do it ??? Shes very clubby and not the best structured...what bulls would compliment her best ???

ruhtram

Any other options b.c I have a HS cow that i need advice on! Thanks

OH Breeder

branson.m. said:
I want to flush my Heat Seeker cow and I want to consider all bull suggestions before i do it ??? Shes very clubby and not the best structured...what bulls would compliment her best ???

If she is plenty deep Hannibal is a good option for Heat Seeker. Pale Face was a hot cross on Heat seekers for quiet sometime. What are you breeding for? Terminal or maternal?

ruhtram

WB ShowCattle said:
i herd pale face works well on them

My cow was born with horns, i've heard pale throws horns..what are the odds of getting a calf with horns? I would like to stay away from horns! Thanks for all the replies. Sorry to branson for stealing your thread!

wyatt

Cruiser said:
WB ShowCattle said:

My cow was born with horns, i've heard pale throws horns..what are the odds of getting a calf with horns? I would like to stay away from horns! Thanks for all the replies. Sorry to branson for stealing your thread!
i havent herd that but i geuss if you dont want horns breed to a highlander bull or a texas long horn that seems logical  (lol) i would breed her to a duff angus bull

OH Breeder

Cruiser said:
I would like a to get a nice heifer to keep back

HOw is her size? Smaller framed? If you want to keep for female, Northern Improvement makes very nice clubbier type females. I really love his calves. Anchor has been hot on some of those harder made club females. Since shes a cow I would imagine a little size wouldn't hurt her.
Heat Seeker crosses well on shorthorns as well. Lots of maternal shorthorn lines that would work. Heat Seeker is registered in ASA half blood shorthorn.

ruhtram

WB ShowCattle said:
Cruiser said:
WB ShowCattle said:

i havent herd that but i geuss if you dont want horns breed to a highlander bull or a texas long horn that seems logical  (lol) i would breed her to a duff angus bull

Haha good one! I can't find where I saw that now..maybe I was making it up but thought I heard that a couple years ago. I've heard he works well on HS females so I might look into this mating a little more! Thanks for your input.

ruhtram

OH Breeder said:
Cruiser said:

HOw is her size? Smaller framed? If you want to keep for female, Northern Improvement makes very nice clubbier type females. I really love his calves. Anchor has been hot on some of those harder made club females. Since shes a cow I would imagine a little size wouldn't hurt her.
Heat Seeker crosses well on shorthorns as well. Lots of maternal shorthorn lines that would work. Heat Seeker is registered in ASA half blood shorthorn.

She is moderately framed. Northern Improvement is a good option. I have some Maximus in the tank, would they mix well? Maximus throws some nice females.  The cow has Full Flush on the bottom side.

RSC

Cruiser said:
OH Breeder said:
Cruiser said:

How about Lut?  I have seen pretty darn good ones out of clubby bred cows.

Tony

She is moderately framed. Northern Improvement is a good option. I have some Maximus in the tank, would they mix well? Maximus throws some nice females.  The cow has Full Flush on the bottom side.

ruhtram

RSC said:
Cruiser said:
OH Breeder said:
Cruiser said:

How about Lut?  I have seen pretty darn good ones out of clubby bred cows.

Tony

I just looked up Lut..He looks like a good option..Im defiantly looking toward an angus bull endless people think Maximus would add up

wyatt

Cruiser that heifer i told you about is bred to a lutton son, lut and lutton both add hair and soundness

ruhtram

WB ShowCattle said:
Cruiser that heifer i told you about is bred to a lutton son, lut and lutton both add hair and soundness

What one would you pick Lutton or lut?

wyatt

one is the sire of the other so they are very similar i would go with lut tho

ruhtram

Just saw his semen is at $200(lut) does he have any sons? Like that son you bred you heifer to?(WB)