Whitening Shampoo That Really Works?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RasorFarms

Anyone know of a good whitening/stain removing shampoo that works? Or am I looking for unicorns here?  For a smoke heifer that has some bad stains on her knees and flank.  We've used Sullivan's Bright Lights and are currently using Vetrolin White n Bright. I prefer the Vetrolin to the Sullivan's as it foams up better and seems to spread out more while the Sullivan's just seemed to sit wherever I placed it and didn't "soap up" as I would like it. The soaps get her clean and remove a lot, but just don't seem to really truly get her back to the light smoke color that she is everywhere else. Also I was browsing Sullivan's website and saw their Stain Buster bluing shampoo. Anyone tried it? We're running a show tomorrow and a vendor will be there so I can pick a bottle up to try.  Thanks!

shortyjock89

A few squirts of Mrs. Stewart's bluing in a bottle of non ultra dawn works the best by far. It's not even close. Just play around with how strong you like to make it.

J

JTM

QuickSilver shampoo for horses. Always worked well on white. Can find it at Tractor Supply or other farm stores.

bulldawg

We use the Weaver's Brightening shampoo on our Herefords and it works really well, better than the whitening shampoo. It seems to break down the caked on manure also.

ilovecows

I love "Cowboy Magic Shine In Yellow Out Whitening Shampoo". I typically use it twice in a row for semi-bad stains and up to five times for REALLY bad stains. It works best though if used once or twice a week to keep the calf white but works just as well as an emergency pre-show wash. Works really well and is my go to for all my animals that are lighter in color or when I want the perfectly white. You can find it at Tractor Supply, its also at a lot of other animal places and is easily found online.