Who are these two shorthorn bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

justintime

I am certain that the second bull is a Brentwood bull sired by Rodeo Innovator. Can someone tell me where the Brentwood herd was sold after Roger Applegate's untimely death? I can't remember where they went. I always thought that this was an excellent herd  and always enjoyed visiting with Roger at shows and sales. He was one of the real good ones!

aandtcattle

Not sure where the entire Brentwood herd ended up but Dale Studer must have purchased Brentwood cattle at some point because I bought a Eionmor Ultra 8K daughter from Dale that was out of a Brentwood cow.

sue

ML said:
Correct Garybob.  Bottom bull is definitely a Brentwood bull. Picture was used in some shorthorn promotional literature in the 90's. I think Ingress sold in the Iowa Beef Expo. Out of Rodeo Inovator. There's a history lesson for folks.
In 1984 Brentwood advertised Sultan ( a son of Guiness), he was Nebraska state fair champion  and looked like this "string bean shape". The Brentwood bulls of the early 90's had more depth and shape compared to the other advertisers...
Could it be that this bull is a McLean Ranch bull of the 90's ?

RyanChandler

aandtcattle said:
-XBAR- said:
Looks similar • GS Thunder 6E 6J
Yeah, other than Red Cloud has twice the lower quarter and twice the flank depth as Touche, I would say that you are spot on!  :-\
I was saying Touche was similar to the second bull in question. 

mark tenenbaum

The Brentwood cow with ultmately the most influence over the cattle industry  was bred a little different from Roger Applegates deal-Brentwood Mayflower x Stinger= AHL Stinger Mayflower-dam of arguably one of the real changers of the club calf industry-the Dividend of clubcalves HISSELF- DOUBLE STUFF <party> <party> <party> (clapping) O0

garybob

ML said:
Correct Garybob.  Bottom bull is definitely a Brentwood bull. Picture was used in some shorthorn promotional literature in the 90's. I think Ingress sold in the Iowa Beef Expo. Out of Rodeo Inovator. There's a history lesson for folks.
Funny, how a Hillbilly from the Ozarks can remember things like pedigrees, but, I never could quite master the art of Clipping?????? Hmmmmm????

GB

coyote

Funny, how a Hillbilly from the Ozarks can remember things like pedigrees, but, I never could quite master the art of Clipping??? Hmmmmm?

GB

How are you at making moonshine?