Who do you think is the Ultimate "Cow"boy?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Premier Longhorns

Who do you think is the Ultimate Cowboy?? ...since today is National Day Of The American Cowboy. I cast my vote for my partner Clay Bailey, steer & bull trainer who saddle breaks them to ride and drive. Here are just some of the many steers he's trained at www.premierlonghorns.com/RidingLonghorns.html
Who do you vote for?

Attachments

• Clay w GusandAbrams.jpg
    Clay w GusandAbrams.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 131

trevorgreycattleco

I always tellyself I am the ultimate cowboy but inevitably reality brings me back to my place. I'm the chihuahua barking at the Rottweiler. That guy breaking steers to ride ain't to shabby!

nkotb

The very best cowboy I have ever known just passed away last week.  His name was Ernie Love, and he was the best all around hand I have ever know.  Won his last bull riding at 61, his last roping at 70+, as well as day working in the Flint Hills most of his life.  He ran a boarding barn for college students outside of Manhattan, and the number of kids he taught to rope, or helped improve their horsemanship would number in the 100's.  Most of the kids that boarded were on the rodeo team, but we had the pleasure of keeping a couple horses out there as well.  To cement his place as the best cowboy I know of, he was inducted into the Kansas Cowboy Hall of Fame the Friday before he passed.

Premier Longhorns

That is so cool, a real cowboy for sure who touched a lot of people's lives.  Not many like Ernie Love still around. Thanks for sharing, Nkotb!