Who is the better bull ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

olsun

I am asking  this question about two brothers, Ground Zero and Nuttin-But-Buisness. In your experience, is one better than the other for producing good females? Is there a big difference? I personally like Ground Zero a little better, but I have friends who insist that Nutt-N-But is the better bull. Any thoughts? Maybe you don't like either one. Why?

CAB

At the last Lauterbach sale that I attended, 2 1/2years ago, I thought that the Ground Zero heifers were the best sire group of heifers on the sale. Super deep ribbed and maternal looking. Looked to have good udder development & I like that they don't possibly have as much hair as the Nuttin Butt's. I'm tired of the cows and calves standing in he creeks & ponds all through July & August, pneumonia!!!

oldwood

I have bought a few ground zeros out of Lauterbachs sale ,they are performing very well ,like the last post maybe not as much hair. I also bought a ground zero son, he has turned out some great calves. couple have done well in the ring.

RSC

oldwood said:
I have bought a few ground zeros out of Lauterbachs sale ,they are performing very well ,like the last post maybe not as much hair. I also bought a ground zero son, he has turned out some great calves. couple have done well in the ring.
Wasn't BWt an issue with GZ? 

Tony

jbw

My vote goes to Nutt n Butt.  I like the breeding better than G Zero.

Birth wts. on N n B can be a little big, but, the G Zeros I have seen were REAL big. Just my thoughts....

SEA

RSC said:
I know Wents have sold some pretty darn good NB's.

Tony

Are Ground Zeri and Nutt-N-Butt Business both FULL SIBS out of Strictly Business?

olsun

No, not full sibs, but both are by SB and out of simmy cows.

CAB

There have been some BW issues with Ground Zero. I hope the risks are worth the rewards. We have bred a few cows to him hoping for heifers.
  Ben Kelly also has sold some good Nuttin Butts over the years.

ranch4profit

jbw said:
My vote goes to Nutt n Butt.   I like the breeding better than G Zero.

Birth wts. on N n B can be a little big, but, the G Zeros I have seen were REAL big. Just my thoughts....
wonder y nut n butt had never ben displayed.  you must really like straight hocked cattle.  try feeding them .  turn into leg swingers.