who made who clone (who 2)

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

The orginial model Who is a 96. They did clone him as his semen is in the catalog. I have never seen a picture of him but yes he does exist.

tb

As anybody used him or got any calves out of him

ruhtram

Ryan0587 said:
Is there a reason why there hasent been a pic of Who 2 posted or out there to find?

I'd be interested in hearing more about this too!

vet tech

I dont think there is a reason. Does it truly matter? Its a clone so it doesnt really matter, at least in my book. I think they breed the same honestly.

CAB

Just sayin, they're great promoters and know what they are doing. People will either use him on the science or they'll choose not to use him. It's extremely hard to promote bulls IMO.

vet tech

There is a ton of work, preparation and cost that goes into pictures. Getting a bull fat enough and the time spend on the hair and grooming is a long process. I know that getting a bull fat just for the sake of a picture can be harmful to a bulls productivity. Now, obviously if you are promoting a new sire getting a picture is a MUST. But, if I were the owner of a clone I would not spend the time and money into getting a picture. That is just me, I just do not see it as a necessity since the original bull has a picture. Sure, you can argue that having a great picture of a clone will sell more semen. I can totally understand that, I just see it as the risks outweighing the benefits personally. I have talked to some of the most intelligent Vet's and cattlemen who have used HUGE amounts of a bull and their clones and see no difference. I understand the talk about the small differences from the hosting mother before birth but the difference is almost insignificant. This is all just me talking, not assaulting antibody's views or anything rude like that.  ;)

Pleasant Grove Farms

we have used and have had calves out of Who Made Who himself (for the past 8 years) and also now out of Who 2.....

can't tell the difference between the calves; they are about the same size at birth, use
him on heifers mostly;

I never hesitated to use Who 2 because of not having a picture; I used him instead of Who Made Who.....a picture didn't matter a bit to me; in my head I was using Who Made Who himself.....only at a fraction of the price!

hntwhitetail

He will calve the same, see no benefit for a picture of most clones..  99.999998% same dna.

Ryan0587

I understand that getting pics on bulls can be hard but how many pics of the Heat wave clones do they have and other clones that are out there too. Why leaveWho 2 out and if getting pics on bulls is hard shouldn't they just forget the pics on all clones and just sell their seems since they gentics is 99.999 the same?

Latest posts