Who made who cows

Help Support Steer Planet:

Woodland Farms Show Cattl

I'm after a little information... I just took a who made who cow in exchange for some service work I did for a guy. ($900 worth). I only took her because he couldn't pay me otherwise... Anyways my question is this, she seems pretty hard topped to me, is that typical of a who made who daughter? I've never had experience with one before. And does it seem to carry over into their offspring? Or does it breed out pretty easily? I'll put some pictures on here once she puts some weight on, she's pretty thin from just getting hay that wasn't good enough for his dairy cows...

Buck

By "hard topped" do you mean she seems rigid and not very flexable in her spine? Otherwise, I don't really follow what you are asking. We have a few so if I can understand the question better I may be able to offer an opinion.

Woodland Farms Show Cattl

Ya by hard topped i mean very little flex in her spine and roaches a fair amount and doesnt relax it, most cows that roach usaully cut behind their shoulderes from what ive seen and this one doesnt seem to.

jbzdad

interesting in that I've seen that in maine cattle also... didn't know what to call it... they can also get a back hump from hip trouble

ruhtram

I had a old wmw show heifer that had an arch to her back. She was fine as a heifer but really got a bad arch to her as she got older. From what we noticed she didn't pass this on to her offspring( we only kept one heifer from her which never formed this arch.). We eventually sold her because we were scared she was having spine problems..I'm not sure if this is the same thing your wmw cow has or not.

sackshowcattle

are you sure its not early signs of hardware. without pics to see what your talking about it could be a possibility. a 2 dollar investment is worth it for piece of mind.