Who should I flush my cow to?

Help Support Steer Planet:

CarleyE

These are heifer pictures of my cow. She is Mr Clean / Heat WavexPayback. I would like outside opinions on who to flush her to, and I want to know what people think of her in general. She is TH and PHA free.

Attachments

• leilani.jpg
    leilani.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 227
  • leilani2.jpg
    leilani2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 227

AAOK

Nice Looking heifer!  You really should consider AI breeding her and letting her have a natural calf before considering flushing.

CAB

Nice heifer. I have thought from the first time that I saw a Mr. Clean calf that he would make great replacement females. The Huinker families are great livestock breeders in both cattle & hogs, probably better known in the swine industry. There's more than fluff and hair to Mr. Clean. All of the prodigy that I have seen are deep & wide sprung. The thing that a person needs the watch for is the set on the legs. He needs to be used on a cow with some set to her legs. JMO

CarleyE

She has already had 2 calves. I didn't want to flush her until after her second calf. She is going to have her 3rd calf in April. I have thought about sunseeker, monopoly, heat wave. I have also considered breeding her back to Mr Clean.

hamburgman

I would avoid sunseeker because of size.  They tend to grow into big cattle, and Mr. Clean is a hannibal son (have the same problem) out of a simmx cow i believe, and nothing in that calf's pedigree would encourage it to stay the correct size for shows today.

OH Breeder

With her breeding, I would go with something along the purebred lines- a Maine or Simmi bull. She is carrying enough thickness already. If wanted to make some nice females you could always try Meyer 734 or a son. I am not a Maine person, but there are a ton of bulls that would work with her. Right off the top of my head, Ali would work with her. Maine folks could tell more on that one. Just a thought.

Latest posts