who to use

Help Support Steer Planet:

lucysmom

Okay I'll join in the "what bull to use".  We have a chimaine/angus, she'll be 2nd calver.  Pretty much a big ol 1400 lb girl. Got a table for a top,
and great length.  Could use a bit more rib volume and better lower quarter. Her front isn't bad, but could stand to not be quite so heavy.
We had considered Who Made Who ( for maternal) or maybe Dr. Who.  Any suggestions?  If we got a heifer we'd like to keep as an
addition to the herd, so that's why we were looking at maternal. We'd like the bull to be clean. Any suggestions?

gary89

I would take a hard look at Simple Math. He is an unproven bull, but definately has proven genetics.

lucysmom

Thanks I'll check him out.  She'll be a good steer maker just can't get away from wanting good heifers. Maybe just oughta bite the bullet and go
for one that'll make  good steer.

justme

I'm personally going to try GVC Maverick.  He's a Sooner son and 3 generations of homozygous black and solid pattern.  Phil Lautner is thinking he'll put the added rib on the cattle.  I also like Dr. Who.  I think he fixes the structure problems Who Made Who tended to have.

lucysmom

Thanks I'll take a look at him.  Looked at Simple Math and gotta say I liked what I saw, especially with the Meyer shot in there. Will check Maverick as well,
got a couple weeks to get a decision made.  Love pickin the bulls!

clubcalve

I think that Dr. Who Will be just the ticket. Who Made Who can take the volume out of your cows

savaged

My Turn is worth considering.

Shorthorn not a bad option either IMO.  Capiche (Select Sires) has been mentioned in recent posts. He is clean and will surely downsize for you, while adding hair and thickness.

lucysmom

She clicked well with a roan shorthorn last year - first timer couldn't get her Ai'd so we went with natural service.  Nice little black shorthorn cross
steer. Hoping we can get her to settle AI this year.  We're gonna settle down and pick her one probably one mentioned above.