who whent to Louesvill,KY

Help Support Steer Planet:

cook beef

Did anyone go to the Louesvill show in KY? If you did how was it? <cowboy> (cow) <cowboy>

Malinda

I was there 6 days. Hot two of them, wet a couple days and freezing the rest!

The Shorthorn show took something like 11 hours, so saying long is an understatement. I do think the numbers of people and cattle were down.

Always good just to be around that many GOOD cattle and GOOD people.

Speaking of good people, I never did see C.F. Martin. Franklin must have told me 5 times: "He just left." I think SD had him! Maybe SD has moved to the caves near Martindell Farm.

But, as usual Louisville was fun, a learning experience, a time to visit with friends and a chance to see what others are raising.

Malinda

oakbar

I was there for 3 days.  Got to meet quite a few SP people (although not all that were there I guess), saw some great cattle, saw some bulls I might want to try, and didn't buy anything this year.  Overall,  a pretty darn good show.    I don't know how anyone can help but be impressed by the overall numbers and quality of the Shorthorn show.  Wow!!

Also saw TM Gus  for the first time.  I was very impressed--Good job Stumpy!!    Sure glad I used him on our show heifer this year--can't wait to see the calf.

SSIMMENTALS

We went for the Simmy Jr Show. froze to death and got sick twice once I got home, but it was WOW. Never shown at that big of an event. I'm completely hooked. Everyone should give it a try, but not before they're ready.