Who's your favorite?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmgal

Who's the best Angus bull for depth? With all of the Angus people on here and all of the new bulls out by now, someone's gotta have an opinion! Who's your favorite Angus bull for adding depth/guts? If you don't have one, who's your favorite female maker?

Also, are there any out there with sexed semen who make good females? Add depth?

WinterSpringsFarm

Insight is my favorite, and hoping Blue Chip will be my new favorite. I have a very limited experience with Angus however.

fish94

I don't know about deepest but agree with what was said above I'll add final some proven female makers for me total recall, final answer, Bismarck!

BroncoFan

fish94 said:
I don't know about deepest but agree with what was said above I'll add final some proven female makers for me total recall, final answer, Bismarck!
I 2nd Bismarck.  I am sure there are other bulls that will just as well.  I have a BismarckXChopper heifer that is due to calve in about a week to ten days and if the snow hadn't melted off where we are then her belly would be dragging right about now. 

cowboy_nyk

Depth, fancy front end and good udders it's hard to beat Bismarck or Brilliance (a son). Primo looks like he may be made in a similar mold albeit completely unproven.  Good old Final Answer also made some pretty deep and attractive females but I did not use him much.  Favorite female makers - HF Kodiak 5R, EXT, Density, Bismarck, Pioneer

Simmgal

cowboy_nyk said:
Depth, fancy front end and good udders it's hard to beat Bismarck or Brilliance (a son). Primo looks like he may be made in a similar mold albeit completely unproven.  Good old Final Answer also made some pretty deep and attractive females but I did not use him much.  Favorite female makers - HF Kodiak 5R, EXT, Density, Bismarck, Pioneer

Thanks for the replies everyone!

From the cattle you've seen, did you prefer the Final Answers or the Pioneers? Does either add more depth?

cowboy_nyk

Personally prefer the Pioneers.  Final answer may be a bit deeper (not much) but shorter made, smaller framed.  In our herd the Pioneers have made better cows.  I'd say Pioneers are better fronted too. Attached a pic of one of the many Pioneer daughters in production.  Not a special cow, just one I snapped a pic of this summer.  The heifer pictured is a Pioneer I sold this fall.  Young guy who bought her is really happy with her. She's better fronted than the pic indicates.

Attachments

• 20160702_125043.jpg
    20160702_125043.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 16468709_10154579826333791_1389140506_n.jpg
    16468709_10154579826333791_1389140506_n.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 112

Simmgal

cowboy_nyk said:
Personally prefer the Pioneers.  Final answer may be a bit deeper (not much) but shorter made, smaller framed.  In our herd the Pioneers have made better cows.  I'd say Pioneers are better fronted too. Attached a pic of one of the many Pioneer daughters in production.  Not a special cow, just one I snapped a pic of this summer.  The heifer pictured is a Pioneer I sold this fall.  Young guy who bought her is really happy with her. She's better fronted than the pic indicates.

Thanks for the pictures! Good looking animals, like always! I think I'll try Pioneer this Spring. I'm a sucker for depth of body and your cattle definitely fit the bill! (thumbsup)