Why are Herefords Hot all of the sudden?

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

Little off of topic,but anyone seen any Cotton Mouth calves this spring and if so what are they made like?

shortdawg

I haven't seen any cottonmouths but I did see Red Rock and I think he will really sire some cool baldies and herf colored steers.

CAB

No one has seen any Cottonmouth calves???

Talked to a guy Saturday that had 3 of them and he said that they were good and Cottonmouth stamped them well as far as pattern and growth was excellent. The one comment that he made that I was curious about was that he said that they were all short dished faced. I have seen Hereford cattle that look this way. Was wondering some of you Hereford breeder's thoughts on this comment and if it is something to worry about with Cottonmouth.

CMAHerefords

Who owns this cotton mouth bull? I've never even heard of him. I look at quite a few calves and talk with quite a few Hereford breeders in the Midwest region and haven't heard anything about him.

Is he a purebred or one that just looks hereford (like Carpe Diem)?
I would like to see a pedigree and picture of him if anybody knows a website.

CAB

CMAHerefords said:
Who owns this cotton mouth bull? I've never even heard of him. I look at quite a few calves and talk with quite a few Hereford breeders in the Midwest region and haven't heard anything about him.

Is he a purebred or one that just looks hereford (like Carpe Diem)?
I would like to see a pedigree and picture of him if anybody knows a website.

I don't know if Black Hereford ranch still owns part of him or not,but he is associated with Black's. He is a 3-way X bull that looks Hereford. I think that he is THF & PHAF, but not 100% sure about that. He has been descrided by some as the best looking bull that they have ever seen, of all breeds, so one that I wanted to keep track of..

chambero

As far as I know, Kris Black still has Cottonmouth along with a Dr. in OK.  Collins manages the bull I believe.  I saw him at REI right after he sold and really liked him (understatement) - and I don't mess with Herefords.  But I did breed a few cows to him this fall (a Charolais-X cow, a black baldy Full Flush GD (Buzz), and a black baldy Cunia GD. 

Cottonmouth is PHA and TH free per SEK's website.  That's where I bought semen from.  You can also get it directly from Collins.

http://www.sekgenetics.com/bull_pg.php?bull=2873&breed=3

aj

I think it is some kind of a government conspiracy. The Herfords weren't popular till Ohama was elected. This is not a qoencidence.