Why do people put boots on fences?

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

Yea...the old trail probably runs right through Nolans ranch. It is pretty cool to see old wooden wheel wagons and the various teams and 1,000 or so riding out there. Usually someone breaks a bone on a buck off. I actually say a horse drown in a spring on the thing. Kid rode down through the spring hole with a horse with a tie down. Horse could'nt get head out of the water. We finally got horse drug out. One drunk cowboy tried mouth to mouth on the horse.....didn't work. ;D

M Bar

"Drunk cowboy giving mouth to mouth to a horse in Russel Springs"  Hmmm, Had to be Nolin......Where was Jake Brake?  Holding the tail on the horse?

ROAD WARRIOR

M Bar said:
"Drunk cowboy giving mouth to mouth to a horse in Russel Springs"  Hmmm, Had to be Nolin......Where was Jake Brake?  Holding the tail on the horse?

He might have thought it was the gal that he had doing chores for him a couple of years ago ;) RW

M Bar

You mean the one that broke her leg  ;) ;)?  Ha Ha, That was a great story at Denver, Jake hit me up early that morning to help fit, they were asking everyone that day.  What a hoot.  Nolind still made it back that day, not sure how.  Me and boat had a large time back then.  Oh yeah, we have some ranches around that have boots up to 1/4 mile down a fence row, took quite a few years to accumulate that many, If we are up there, will take some pics.

ROAD WARRIOR

She was living proof that you can't bulldog a Dodge dually. Only in the world of the fabulous NBAR does this type of thing happen - all of the time! RW

jtho3c

Where I'm from, if you see boots on fence posts, its a sign that trespassers will be prosecuted to the full extent of the land owner, even if it means buckshot in butt.

aj

I think its just trying to hold on to traditions. Kind of a "ride for the brand" deal. Boot hill in dodge city suppossedly had boot tips sticking out of graves. Is festus still alive? "My name is Matt Dillion,my job is a killing, and I Earn 5 $ aday............I go to miss Kitties, and play with her kitties and she takes my 5 dollars away. JJW probverves7 unit 9 page 278.