Womanizer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Alpha

ok i my be young but i'm calling it right now hes going to be in the club calf industries top 5 bulls to use in just a few calf crops...WoW he looks good

JoeDirt

I think the video or all aboard is really good to BUT out out all the videos posted on www.cattle.com Womanizer was the best BIG HIP BIG TOP BIG BONE and nice hair

BCCC

I was pretty impressed with him, I do however think he could use a little more depth, I sitll plan to use him on a few of the cows that normally only make county calves any ways so I wont be out much if they don't turn out wortha darn.

Cowboy Up

He does look very good from behind, but the thing that concerns me is his front end. BIG Shoulders, and his knees look to have a little twist in them. You can see his huge shoulders really good in Jeff's video.

CU

TJ

In 2-3 years, you'll be able to evaluate Womanizer a little bit better.  He's a multi-breed composite whose pedigree is loaded with multi-breed composites.  He looks good, but no telling what the calves will look like.  Also, no telling what the trend in show calves may be like in 3-5 years (it's always changing).  He may be the next great thing or 1 of the top 5, but nobody will know "for sure" until at least 2-3 years from now.  I guess what I am saying, is try him out, but don't put all of your eggs in the "Womanizer basket" just yet. 

showsteerdlux

Cowboy Up said:
He does look very good from behind, but the thing that concerns me is his front end. BIG Shoulders, and his knees look to have a little twist in them. You can see his huge shoulders really good in Jeff's video.

CU
I don't think his shoulders are bad at all, especially considering he is clubby bred. He appears to probably be the most balanced looking calf so far from what I have seen. I'm also not really seeing a problem in his knees.

Sly

cannot find the breeding on him or babe ruth.  Also, what is their pha and th status

JoeDirt

I dont think he has huge Shoulders either.... becasue when you have that much mass you got to compare them to his hip butt and top...........I think then compare great........ If he was not that massive in those areas then I would say he has HUGE SHOULDERS
showsteernc said:
Cowboy Up said:

CU
I don't think his shoulders are bad at all, especially considering he is clubby bred. He appears to probably be the most balanced looking calf so far from what I have seen. I'm also not really seeing a problem in his knees.

Dusty

Almost Famous x Pale Face...

If he breeds like he looks his calves should be big butted and hairykind.  So he should sire very saleable calves. But in the clubby deal ya never know.  I'm with Jill in that I don't like using bulls that haven't had a calf crop yet.  The only exception would be N-Charge.  Everyone knows his sire and I have seen his brother and his damn.  His damn is probably the stoutest cow I have ever seen...

RSC

Dusty said:

If he breeds like he looks his calves should be big butted and hairykind.  So he should sire very saleable calves. But in the clubby deal ya never know.  I'm with Jill in that I don't like using bulls that haven't had a calf crop yet.  The only exception would be N-Charge.  Everyone knows his sire and I have seen his brother and his damn.  His damn is probably the stoutest cow I have ever seen...
I agree for the most part that using a new bull you need to be cautious.  However, if someone doesn't sample them Nobody will know.  What concerns me about Womanizer is what has his sire done?  Anyone know of some success stories on Almost Famous?

Tony

TJ

RSC said:
Dusty said:

I agree for the most part that using a new bull you need to be cautious.  However, if someone doesn't sample them Nobody will know.  What concerns me about Womanizer is what has his sire done?  Anyone know of some success stories on Almost Famous?

Tony

Womanizer would probably be the most successful, success story.  Multi-composite genetics on multi-composite gentics on multi-composite gentics (in all different combinations/percentages) & a sire who hasn't exactly set the world on fire with his offspring = you might get just about anything.  I think people who like him should try him on a handful, but I wouldn't recommend that anyone use him exclusively until some calves actually do hit the ground.  He may be the next great sire or he may be the next great dud.  Time will tell. 

Dusty

RSC said:
Dusty said:

However, if someone doesn't sample them Nobody will know. 

Go ahead and let me know....

OH Breeder

TJ said:
RSC said:
Dusty said:

Tony

Womanizer would probably be the most successful, success story.  Multi-composite genetics on multi-composite gentics on multi-composite gentics (in all different combinations/percentages) & a sire who hasn't exactly set the world on fire with his offspring = you might get just about anything.  I think people who like him should try him on a handful, but I wouldn't recommend that anyone use him exclusively until some calves actually do hit the ground.  He may be the next great sire or he may be the next great dud.  Time will tell. 

This I think is another reason for keeping your cow base one or two breeds. Using composite bulls we have had better luck going this route. I think when you take 4 breeds x 4 breeds you never know what you can get. If I am breeding for females I choose a 50/50 mix. Occasionally 3 way. JMO.

It will be interesting to see what he sires over the next couple of years. Bulls like Monolopy and Golden Child have been gaining traction. but they also have been out for a couple of years now. I would rather wait and see then jump on early.

Throttle

I only saw the video and talked to a couple ppl that I respect who were there, but am I the only one that thinks he's kinda straight hocked? OK they all are a bit, but I mean I thought this one might be a tad more extreme than some of the others, appears to get his loin up on the move as well. As far as what his sire has done, I've not seen that many that I liked, generally not enough guts, but they say this bull is a full sib to a heifer at $20k last year, and Caldwell had a decent son in Denver last year or the year before, Remedy, but he didn't see much use either. IDK. I'm with the others on waiting to see. He's sure thick and hairy and HUGE boned. Could work

usu265

Here are some pictures of Womanizer... Not sure what to say about him, with so many black composites on display, its hard to pick and choose between them. He was one of the standouts and maybe an alternative to Heatwave sired bulls, although he does go back to Heatseeker I suppose. It will be interesting to see his calves. I don't believe these pictures really do him justice... I kind of just snapped them quick.

Attachments

• n516358176_1453769_508.jpg
    n516358176_1453769_508.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 262
  • n516358176_1453770_806.jpg
    n516358176_1453770_806.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 234
  • n516358176_1453771_1116.jpg
    n516358176_1453771_1116.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 267

BRdoc

Womanizer was very impressive. However, I have some reservations. I have had 13 Almost Famous calves. Out of the 13, 2 were pretty good. Famous seems to suck the guts out of everything. I have a reg. Angus cow that is super deep and has produced a top calf every year. Famous threw the tightest gutted heifer I have ever raised. Womanizer will throw hair and muscle, just question depth. He has it, but will he throw it. Not dogging the bull at all, he is awesome. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

farmboy

heres a screen shot off of cattle.com vid

i for one wil lbe testing him and ncharge this spring

Attachments

• womanizer.jpg
    womanizer.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 718