|Woodstock generation

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

I almost think that the best thing that could happen to the world......is that the Woodstock anti war protest generation will dead and buried. I get so sick of professional protestors sing songs in the park and high fiving.....bangin tamborines....listening to john Lennon. I graduated high school in 77 so this includes me. When we are dead and buried.......is the the only time the next generations are going to have a chance. Clear the damn universities instructors out. Start all over again. It just isn't about sex drugs rock and roll any more. jmo

Doc

If you want to relive the Woodstock experience. Then you need to come down to Manchester ,TN to Bonnaroo this week. Talk about the weirdo's!! You can pick them out in Wal-mart real easy, they are the ones with dredlocks in their hair, tattoo's and piercings everywhere and they have 2 shopping carts. 1 cart will be loaded with toilet paper, water and beer. The other cart will have a couple of coolers, some food and some more beer and premade brownies.

RyanChandler

I've been to Bonnaroo twice.  No dredlocks or piercings here. 

AJ, what are you talking bout, wildman - keep on rockin' in the free world!

Doc

-XBAR- said:
I've been to Bonnaroo twice.  No dredlocks or piercings here. 

AJ, what are you talking bout, wildman - keep on rockin' in the free world!

Just me personally , but I wouldn't pay the money, fight the crowds and the heat to walk around with a bunch of people that the majority are way out there in left field , look like wierdo's and high on some sort of drugs. But all the little towns that the interstates run thru sure appreciate Bonnaroo. They sure make some serious revenue off the traffic violations and the search and seizures they get to do on vehicles on the way there. JMHO.

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

woodstock.jpg
punch-hippie-monkey-face.jpg

trevorgreycattleco

I'm half hippie. I get a kick at of your comments. I was at Woodstock 99 for 5 days. Maybe that's why doc annoys me and I annoy him. To each there own. At least most hippies don't collect welfare. They actually are there own mini economy. I'll keep the hippies and do away with the welfare leeches

RyanChandler

trevorgreycattleco said:
I'm half hippie. I get a kick at of your comments. I was at Woodstock 99 for 5 days. Maybe that's why doc annoys me and I annoy him. To each there own. At least most hippies don't collect welfare. They actually are there own mini economy. I'll keep the hippies and do away with the welfare leeches

Good to see you back on here!  - I've been up to my eyeballs w/ dorights on here lately -  Glad to see a more enlightened perspective back on the boards.

nck21

I haven't been to Bonnaroo or Woodstock but I don't see anything wrong with having some fun and taking in a concert.

Doc probably wouldn't like Country Stampede in Manhattan...too many drunks.

knabe

trevorgreycattleco said:
At least most hippies don't collect welfare. They actually are there own mini economy. I'll keep the hippies and do away with the welfare leeches

Hmm.  Quite a few leach of their parents and girlfriends or boyfriends.  They aren't occupy wall street, they are occupy mom and dad. 

Must not be fertile either as the generation interval is over 30 years.

Will get interesting when their " mini" economy disappears when mommy and daddy die.

Doc

nck21 said:
I haven't been to Bonnaroo or Woodstock but I don't see anything wrong with having some fun and taking in a concert.

Doc probably wouldn't like Country Stampede in Manhattan...too many drunks.

I geuss it depends on your definition of fun. Walking around listening to reggae music or heavy metal music while smoking some weed or popping some pills while looking like a freakshow at a circus and smelling like you haven't had a bath in 3 weeks. Nope , not my idea of fun.
As far being around too many drunks, doesn't bother me. I've been to too many cattle shows and production sales. ;D    I never said I was a teetotaler. I just have a different idea of fun and legal fun. JMHO.

nck21

Well it probably wouldn't suit me either...but...I had never heard of it till this year. I'm a youngin.

trevorgreycattleco

-XBAR- said:
trevorgreycattleco said:

Good to see you back on here!  - I've been up to my eyeballs w/ dorights on here lately -   Glad to see a more enlightened perspective back on the boards.
[/quote

I been here all along. Just been reading and choosing to keep quiet.
Knabe I disagree. I'm sure there are a few but most do a great job working together and being creative. I made friends for life at places like that. They know my door is always open. They can eat, shower, do laundry, whatever. Stay the night. And be gone the next day or so. I never saw a fight or had a disagreement. Take me to Metallica or hank jr show and it's a good chance you will throw down with some idiot. I'm retired from all that now. I can't get into to much trouble from my front porch swing a beer and pandora on the radio playing Waylon Jennings.