Votes: 34 39.1%
  • no problem w/ it at all

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • just find them in pasture & never sure

Votes: 4 4.6%

• Total voters

3GCC

Maines in PA said:
This thread hit home.  After 6 total calves, one of my daughter's 2 cows FINALLY had a heifer calf for her to show as a bred and owned.  Snazzy little blaze faced Hard Core - On February 27.  It'll be registered as a February, but why that cow couldn't have held onto it for another 36 hours is beyond me.

Was this out of Rosie?

JSchroeder

I posted this in the other fudging thread but even the owners of Legacy Plus admitted that they lied about his age by six-weeks (moved him to Summer division) in the court documents for their lawsuit.

I've posted that here a few times and on my blog a few times and always been amazed at the lack of any response at all to it.

LT

Had a heifer born on leap year last year on Feb 29th.  That is what her papers say, when she goes to shows the people who own her have been questioned about the "twenty nine days in Feb"  With that hassle, not sure the 28th or the 1st wouldn't have been wiser.  They hear about it a lot. (lol)

3GCC

What is everones thought on the normal weight for yearling heifers? At what point do you think it starts to tell the truth about age?