Wow if it was up to peta animals would live in bubbles...

Help Support Steer Planet:

stangs13

I wonder if any of these people can even back up what they say? I can understand some things that happen in animal exhibits can seem a LITTLE bit unethical, but really come on. Every person I have met that has shown steers/pigs/lambs/chickens or whatever know where there animals go afterwards..

RSC

4-H and Agricultural Displays
The young boys and girls who participate in these events often don't know that the animals they raised and love will be slaughtered for monetary gain

Often don't know?  Huh????  How many kids don't know that their market calves are raised for market beef?  Hell, my boys know that we are going to eat their project ourselves and they look forward to it!  I am shocked that was the only comment about 4-H projects!  Pretty lame!

Tony

knabe

it's irresponsible biased reporting in the name of equal voice.  only problem, equal voice doesn't equal equal truth.

i still say the PETA argument falls apart with screaming soybeans and insects.  can't believe that reporters to extend their logic.

i have a new organization  PETI  people for the ethical treatment of insects.  everything we do is petty.

GoWyo

When my boy was 9 and a first year 4-H'er, he sold his pig at the junior livestock sale and at the out gate from the ring asked if that came in a check or cash (clapping).  I think he was glad it was going to pork chops and he was done feeding it.

forbes family farms

For me its so sad when you have to get rid of your show steers. When you work with them and then they are slaughtered at ate by humans. I wish that only old cattle that was 10 and up good get butchered. Yeah the money is great! But i feel bad when animals have to die just because us humans. I couldn't imagine eating my own 4-H animal or anyones, i would become a vegaterian if had to eat my own 4-H cattle!  :'(  :'(  :( :(

knabe

forbes family farms said:
I couldn't imagine eating my own 4-H animal or anyones, i would become a vegaterian if had to eat my own 4-H cattle!  :'(  :'(  :( :(

here, i'll help you out.  there are more delicious things to eat.

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/05/06/29/how-many-insect-parts-and-rodent-hairs-are-allowed-in-your-food.htm

CHOCOLATE AND CHOCOLATE LIQUOR

Insect filth: Average is 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams when 6 100-gram subsamples are examined OR any 1 subsample contains 90 or more insect fragments

Rodent filth: Average is 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams in 6 100-gram subsamples examined OR any 1 subsample contains 3 or more rodent hairs

Rocky Hill Simmental

PETA thinks of a lot of stupid things. I think most kids who sell BEEF steers, know what is going to happen to them.  ::)

Throwing rabbits and lizards in the trash?... I haven't heard that one yet.

PETA is so dumb.

HeiferShower14

wow i would love to give the persons who wrote all that a piece of my mind. OR every PETA person

Diamond

I am so sick of this, Petas the first to make a big stink but I have yet to see them offer to pay the feed bill, Its always the meat eaters tossing hay. I swear Ill never stop eating my meat I dont want to get that stupid. BTW, I walk my steers onto the kill floor and though I dont watch them as they are shot I do watch them get skinned, and I help chop and wrap them. Im there from the time they are born and I am there when they die. I wont lie its tough sometimes but, I wont leave them to die on their own. I love my animals, Work extra hours to feed them/ care for them, and we have losers like this call us crual, one day they will regret it.

Beach Limousin

If it was up to PETA and HSUS, there would be NO domesticated animals, yet on the other hand a top HSUS leader was quoted as saying that an ant deserves the same rights as his own children. They contradict what they say, and if people like Carry Underwood understood exactly what they want to do, they MIGHT think twice about what there supporting. After all do they really want to get rid of there pet dogs? Cause yes there domesticated animals to. They are basically uneducated on a subject they claim to be experts at. After all, you haft to be an animal lover to be in the livestock industry, or at least I believe you do.
Cody
Beach Limousin