Yardley sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

willow

We actually went to the sale and it was great.  I am not sure what the average $$ was because I was busy chasing a 3 yr old!  Very nice cattle!  There were few lots that sold under 4k.  Lot's 54, 55, 56 were three very awesome Angus bulls.  I believe 54 sold for 10k.  There were a couple really nice Maine bulls, but they all had pretty sizeable BW.  Lot 2 and 5 of the Sim's were pretty fancy!  All of the cattle seemed real sound there were only a couple out of the whole bunch that didn't look real sound.  Mr. Yardley seems to be a very nice man.  He was out in the cattle talking and shaking hands.  Nice family.  I think the commercial cattlemen could really hit the jackpot there!  JMO

SEA

I have dealt with and bought cattle from the Yardley's before also.  Great people to work with.  I dealt with Jeannie. 

I read in the Sale Catalog that Jeannie married John Griswold on January 04, 2011.  I didn't even know they were engaged.  CONGRATULATIONS!!  John & Jeannie!!    (clapping)

Is this the same John Griswold from Oklahoma that owns GCC, Griswold Cattle Company?  ???

Could anyone enlighten me on the details surrounding the happy couple?  It said in sale catalog, in one of the bull write-ups that they spent their honeymoon picturing bulls for the sale catalog!!  <beer>

chambero

She was with him at Fort Worth in 2010.  Yes its the Griswold from Stillwater

SEA

chambero said:
She was with him at Fort Worth in 2010.  Yes its the Griswold from Stillwater

Is Jeannie leaving the Yardley Ranch in Utah to live with John @ GCC in Stillwater, OK or vice-versa? 

Woody

I know the family personaly, I used to work for them after college.  I would bet that Jeannie isnt leavin Beaver.

SEA

Kinda what I was think'in Woody.  So, how does this work out?  ???

TJR

What I'd really like to know is how'd the sale go? Any prices?  Lot2?  Thanks