YELLOW JACKET BITH WEIGHTS

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowzrus

I can't seem to find a birth weight on Yellow Jacket, does anyone have one?  Also what kind  0f birth weights are heatwave/yellow jackets  on an average.  They pair up nicely from the ones I have seen, just curious as to how big they are when they come out.

mainegirl

We had our first group of ET calves yesterday. They were Yellow Jackets out of a heatwave cow. They both went over their due date so we palpated and felt they were quite large so we induced them. First weighs probably around 115# the other one i would say around 100# give or take a few pounds. The cow they're out of throws big calves so we were expecting to have larger BW on these calves. Both are great looking calves so far for only being a day old. I'll post pics of them soon.

olsencattleco

Our best calf this year is a Yellow Jacket out of a Heatwave/Meyer cow. We definately have plans to flush her to Yellow Jacket this next year. The calf's bw was around 100 lbs.

eric olsen

ATM OH

Would you say he was safe for second calf cows? I have a Northern Improvement heifer that just had her first calf and would love to breed her back to Yellow Jacket.

chambero

We've probably sold 15-20 30 month old cows over the past three years bred back to Yellow Jacket for their second calf.  I know their owners have been happy with them and haven't told me about any calving problems at all.

Latest posts