Young Bull, What Do You Think?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Beach Limousin

Here is a picture of a ten month old bull. Let me know what you think. I will post more info about him later on.

And Yes he is a Limi.

Attachments

• independence 12-3-08a.jpg
    independence 12-3-08a.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 207

Show Heifer

Nice thickness....a bit sloppy through the neck area.
In the pic he appears to toe out pretty bad in the left front.
I personally am not a fan of the light red color, as it bleaches into yellow during the summer making selling calves kinda tough.
I like his length.
And I like the fact he LOOKS like a bull, not a steer with testicles!!

red

I'd like to see a little more bone in legs.
Simmi's seem to have that thicker neck from what I've seen.
Agree he looks like a real bull.

Red

clubcalve

Looks like he has enough mucle and is a bit sloppy through the neck but I think he will mature alot when he gets older.

simtal

Cmon folks he's a limmy, He's actually pretty good fronted and his bone is fine considering he's got no hair.

tama

10 months- looks good nice length nice rear quarter without extreme not tight gutted by this picture overall good bull I will add picture does not do justice for width or base would like to get up close etc for a look but looks like he will do what he is bred to do add lbs. add muscle and stay lean! this day and age probably right  on track!! 

afhm

looks stout as heck in the pic,  I would like to see him a little softer with some more depth of body.  Maybe it will come with age.  Overall though a good calf.

jason

Give it a time and bet he fills out nicely, little soft in the neck, but definitely looks he can put a lot muscle on that frame.

Beach Limousin

Thanks for the comments. I was just tyring to get an idea if anybody thought he would work for show calves. We raise Limis with a more carcass approach, but are trying to keep the structure and eye appeal for the the showring.

The bull is ten months old, and was named the National Reserve Grand Champion Fullblood Bull at 6 months old. The picture is not the best, and does not do him justice on his front. He is also a lot softer made than the picture shows.

KYsteer

I am curious, but looks as if you have changed the background the he was originally pictured in.  Not saying that you changed the calf at all, just that you imposed his pic onto a different background, am I correct?