ZNT or Teleos PM me.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Joe Boy

Please tell us more about your bull, Triple X on how his heifer and steer calves have done.

What type of cows does he seem to work on best?

Does he clean up the front?

Does he produce calves that hold their heads up in the pasture and show ring?

Does he work well on hairy cattle or better on some of the Chi types that have a little less hair?

What is is disposition like on his calves?

What is his mature weight and height?

I am considering breeding him to 10 of my PB Maines that have larger frames, need some milk, and thickness, will he help me?

As a mature bull does he have lots of muscle expression?

How has he done with the slick shear shows?

ZNT

Joe Boy said:
Please tell us more about your bull, Triple X on how his heifer and steer calves have done.

What type of cows does he seem to work on best?

Does he clean up the front?

Does he produce calves that hold their heads up in the pasture and show ring?

Does he work well on hairy cattle or better on some of the Chi types that have a little less hair?

What is is disposition like on his calves?

What is his mature weight and height?

I am considering breeding him to 10 of my PB Maines that have larger frames, need some milk, and thickness, will he help me?

As a mature bull does he have lots of muscle expression?

How has he done with the slick shear shows?

Triple X has had a great ability to clean up the front ends of even the most common fronted cows.  He has just enough chi in him to add the cockiness that is needed in the showring.  He has adaquate thickness, typically you will not get a huge hip on his calves unless he is bred to a super thick cow. 

The milk genetics are very good.  Both his dam and full sister have tons of milk  The maternal genetics are stacked in Triple X's genetics with his dam going back to Strutt several times. 

The disposition seems to be good throughout his cow family.  The only calves we have had difficulty with came out of pretty rank cows straight out of the sandhills of Nebraska.  Not sure if they had seen too many humans before we got them.  Overall very good dispositions.  My 5 year old daughter showed Triple X's full sister at Houston this year while that heifer was weighing close to 1300#.

Not sure about the mature weight of Triple X.  He had a very tough winter in the Nebraska Sandhills before he was mature, so he has been playing catchup for the last year after that.  He is not a small bull, and appears to put some growth into his calves.  A high growth bull with tons of milk and low birth weight genetics.  Kind of sounds like an Angus bull, not a 3/4 Maine bull.

Let me know if you do want some semen.  I have some in my tank, or you can get it through SEK Genetics.

okcc

Have you found certain bloodlines or breeds that he works best on?

chambero

Zane helps us out some and I've seen several calves out of Triple X, practically all of which I liked.  The red heifer he's talking about that is a full sister to him is flat out good.  The bull that is advertised on this site out of Triple X is a good solid bull.

We used Triple X last fall on some heifers and some mature cows.  We'll have some babies out of him in about 7 weeks.  We used him (at Zane's recommendation) on some of our smaller framed females (which are still relatively big compared to what a lot of people have).  We've got lots of cattle going back to Magic, Pistol Pete, and Smithbilt and I believe he's pretty much a complete outcross to those lines.

One of our best heifers (sired by Bold Statement) is stuck to him for sure and I'll be real interested how that calf turns out.

ZNT

okcc said:
Have you found certain bloodlines or breeds that he works best on?

So far, we have had great luck with Triple X on Heatwave and Full Flush bred cows.  He has also worked well on Maine x Angus and Sim x Angus cows.  We have not tested him much yet on PB Angus cows yet.

ZNT

maine_man said:
Has he been bred to many heifers? If so what kind of calving ease is reported?

Yes he has been used on quite a few heifers.  Birthweights have been running between 60-75#.  Triple X is a very smooth shouldered bull, which has added to his calving ease.  Rick Schultz in Nebraska has used him to clean up their heifers for the the past couple of years with great success.

cowboybecoachin

We will use a Triple X son as our clean-up bull this fall. He is a great looking calf that we decided to not steer.