20 Sullivan Supply scholarships available

Help Support Steer Planet:

BadgerFan

It's been said already, but I'll add my name to the list of people that think that's a nice thing of Sullivans to do.

shortdawg

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

sigsigns

Great idea John. It is great that you are giving back to the kids in this way. Many deserving kids on the show circuit.

TMJ Show Cattle

Thanks for your contributions to youth in Agriculture. Will this be an annual offer? Hopefully some o the kids that struggle to raise or purchase calves wil be fortunte enough to earn some of these scholarships.I trust winning won't be a criteria. I think we all know of kids that fall into this category.I hope the winners wil be posted on SP for all to see and I hope its a diversified group from all across America.

SSIMMENTALS

Ditto to all of the above posts. This is a wonderful and thoughtful way to recognize the hard work of many future leaders and to give back to an industry that has positively affected so many.
Thanks a million!!! <party>

kfacres

O mr sull your so great.. o thank you for all you do.. o your so amazing.. (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

Need a tax write off?  or just looking to stir upsome business?

It will be interesting to see who wins these scholarships- those who need them, or those who get them. 

If its a true and honest program, I'm greatful, if not????? (angel)

Ric

I think it is a great gesture of sullivan's to offer the scholarship, they do not have to. I don't think its anyones job to decide who gets the scholarships besides sullivans.

shortdawg

kfacres said:
O mr sull your so great.. o thank you for all you do.. o your so amazing.. (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

It will be interesting to see who wins these scholarships- those who need them, or those who get them. 

You know there will be a kid out there that, when he or she gets to be your age,  can look back and say that scholarship helped them get their education. I think your comments are sarcastic and out of line. Maybe when you grow up $ 20,000 bucks will seem like a generous gift to some kids that need it.

shortyjock89

No kidding. If you think that Sullivan's need to stir up some more business with some gimmick, you must be very poorly informed.

All this ridicule is from someone who doesn't even show cattle, and wouldn't know John Sullivan out of a line up, and has never talked to him.

One of the sorriest posts I've read in some time.  20k in donations to youth must not be very generous. whoops. John, maybe next time you should step it up.....

segersmom

kfacres said:
sorry the entire cattle industry does not focus around the showring...  many of the greats have yet to step in one. 

Go back and read the OP.  He says "the livestock show industry and/or raising livestock".  Personally, I am one of those people who would love to support Mr. Sullivan's company.  There are two thoughts I have about your sarcastic post earlier.  One, what difference does it really make why Sullivan's decided to put up these scholarships?  The bottom line is that twenty kids who are passionate about livestock will get help paying for college.  Two, every scholarship put up by every committee, organization, club, school, or whatever else, has to have guidelines as to who can apply.  It is a logical thing to do. 

I guess I don't get why you have a problem with a company donating scholarships.  What's up with that? 

BCCC

kfacres said:
sorry the entire cattle industry does not focus around the showring...  many of the greats have yet to step in one. 

“It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.”

— Mark Twain

Nor does the cattle industry need people like your self. John Sullivan is being very gracious in the fact that he is providing 20 kids involved in Ag with scholarships. Hopefully all of them will have more integrity and respect than yourself.

linnettejane

kfacres said:

ok...i normally ignore comments like this...but this one i cant...as someone who works with juniors and seniors in the high school setting everyday, i am totally appalled by your lack of respect and inappropriate comments!  this is for KIDS!  kids who work their butts off everyday in the barn, or in the fields, or in the showring!  kids who have to get up hours before their classmates to do chores....and spend just as much if not more time "working" when they get home from school....and someone is wanting to recognize all the hard work they have done.....and you are going to criticize that or question motives? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

not cool dude....not cool....:mad:

justintime

kfacres said:

I am shocked and appalled by your comments! They are most uncalled for, and extremely rude. It is none of your business, or mine, who the Sullivan's decide who is eligible and who receives these scholarships. I certainly will never get one of these scholarships, but I am very pleased that there will be 20 kids receiving them.... probably 20 kids I do not know or have ever heard of. The fact remains that these 20 kids are going to be helped get their education.  In a world that is getting more and more bad things, this is one of the good things we can all celebrate. Can you not look past your own selfishness and be thankful for the good things people do, for others,even if you do not qualify for them? Can you not appreciate someone who does something good without looking for ulterior motives?

I do not accept your half hearted explanation for this terrible display of lack of respect and rudeness. I think John Sullivan, and his family, deserve a meaningful apology from you. After seeing comments like this, is it any wonder why giving back to those around you is becoming an endangered practice.  Your comments are just WRONG, in so many respects. I believe we all have to be responsible for our actions, including the dumb things we do without much thought, so I would appreciate you do the honorable thing and offer a proper apology to the Sullivan's for their generous gifts and thoughts. If you do not, I will just consider you to be one ungrateful human being, and I will probably ignore any comments you have on this forum from now on.

STX108

kfacres said:

Really disappointed with the sarcasm towards this post...no respect at all shown to JSull at all.......sometimes one's opinion is better kept to one's self than put out there for the world to hear....time & a place and this was neither. Scholarships are a great way for students to continue their post-secondary education and who knows...they just might give back after graduation....Those students appreciate it that much more.

sue

kfacres - I dont raise "show cattle" but we still make an appearance and exhibit both regional and  at a national level. I wish you would realize what you're missing :
Grooming cattle is a great work out for one . My niece and nephew break almost every calf to lead and that is  better then any late night party to see in person :) I  believe in the breeding program we have and I never used any of the popular bulls  or SULL bulls .We do it because we believe and have pride in what we are doing. I for one look forward to this scholarship program for both my nephew and niece.  Step back take a breath Kfacres and start believing in what you're doing ? Please  see the positive in life and I promise you'll be happier :)

John - thanks  we'll see you in June.

sue