2009 shorthorn national jr show

Help Support Steer Planet:

the_resa86

2010 will be in East Lansing, MI but I am not sure of the dates yet. I know the 2010 committee is working on dates, they just have not been approved yet.

shortyjock89

OLD WORLD SHORTIE said:
When are they going to bring it to the south again. Damn Yanks get it every year.

Well, where would you have it?  It was in Oklahoma a couple years ago, that's further south than IL.  I like places with A/C myself, KC was pretty nice last year.

shortdawg

South to me would be the GA Nat'l Fairgrounds - two A/C Arenas there. We have a rotational PACE Open Show there this Oct. But we've never had the Jr. Nat'ls. Went to Lawton and it was 16 hrs one way.

shortyjock89

shortdawg said:
South to me would be the GA Nat'l Fairgrounds - two A/C Arenas there. We have a rotational PACE Open Show there this Oct. But we've never had the Jr. Nat'ls. Went to Lawton and it was 16 hrs one way.

The GA National fairgrounds would be dandy with me, but it would be a long journey...plus aren't most of the Shorthorns up north here?

shortdawg

There are more here than you think. Our State Show will have about 50 - 60 head of Shortys in the Breed Division. But TN, SC, KY, AL, FL, and NC along with GA  would make a show easy as big as the one we went to in Lawton.

shortyjock89

shortdawg said:
There are more here than you think. Our State Show will have about 50 - 60 head of Shortys in the Breed Division. But TN, SC, KY, AL, FL, and NC along with GA  would make a show easy as big as the one we went to in Lawton.

Yeah, thats probably true. I think our county fair has like 35 head of Shorthorns, and it's a small county fair.  There's just a lot of Shorthorns up here in the Midwest which is why we have Jr. nationals up here quite often.

shortdawg

I know we don't live in Shorty Country and I understand why they have the JR's up there; but, we would like a chance to host them down here. The Angus Jr's are here this year. We have many shows that are bigger than the Shorty Jr's every year.

shortyjock89

Well if you guys do get them in the next couple years, I'll do my best to attend!

shortdawg

That would be awesome ! Just got an email today saying there were 1230 head in the Angus Jrs.

shortyjock89

Good gravy that's a lot of cattle!  I know there are a TON of cattle at the Herf nationals too.

showstud

I heard through the grapevine that Arkansas and Louisana were getting together to try to do 2011 in LA. Just hear say!! Would be good for me but the northern people might not like it!!

shortyjock89

Dang, that's gonna be one Hot and HUMID Jr. Nat's.  Looks like Mich. might be my last one haha.

Jill

Part of it is having a big enough association in your state to run one and fund one, they are extrememly expensive and labor intensive.  I know when they had the Shorthorns in KC in 2000 there were 4 or 5 states that all went together to host it.

Doc

Jill said:
Part of it is having a big enough association in your state to run one and fund one, they are extrememly expensive and labor intensive.  I know when they had the Shorthorns in KC in 2000 there were 4 or 5 states that all went together to host it.

You're right about that Jill. You just think you have plenty of members until you start looking for donations or someone to help out.