2009 shorthorn national jr show

Help Support Steer Planet:

NHR

Last I heard the 2011 jr nationals is still open. It does take a lot of money and support from the state jr and adult association to run a jr. national. To get the jr national in your state have your state association request to hold it.

M-n-M Cattle Company

The dates for Michigan are June 21-26. As everyone has said your state has to put a bid in for it. 2011 is still open, if the rumors were true Lousiana and Indiana were interested. I was talking to some people that ran it this year and they said that it cost around $140,000 to put it on this year. That being said they said it was about 40/60 on the cost with the majority going to the state association. You do the math that's ALOT for a state to pay for. So if the south wants it and theirs not that many shorty's in one state maybe a few could go together? Just an idea.

showstud

I had heard that Arkansas, Lousiana, Mississippi, and Tenneessee were tring for 2011....which LA, TN, and MS combinded didn't have as many as Arkansas at this years....while are Jr.Nationals i heard that Indiana said they would take 2011 if nobody took it???

CCCattleco5

shortdawg said:
That would be awesome ! Just got an email today saying there were 1230 head in the Angus Jrs.
The entries have gotten past 1600 in the angus deal down here now, I am the President of the Georgia Junior Angus Association and it is takin a lot of work and lots of money.

brandisshortys

The 2009 Junior National was a lot of work, but a great success.  A lot of the reason that the midwest states host is because their membership numbers are higher.  It does take a lot of people to pull a big show like that together.  A lot of money too.  Our state association spent over two years fundraising for the event.  If you would like the Junior National show held in your state, all you have to do is get your junior/senior members together and work up a proposal to the ASA.  Give yourself plenty of time to raise money and plan things out, though.  I also heard that Indiana is interested in 2011.  That doesn't surprise me since it hasn't been there since 2003 and they have a VERY organized and motivated junior association.

NHR

showstud said:
I had heard that Arkansas, Lousiana, Mississippi, and Tenneessee were tring for 2011....which LA, TN, and MS combinded didn't have as many as Arkansas at this years....while are Jr.Nationals i heard that Indiana said they would take 2011 if nobody took it???

I have heard that Arkansas and Louisiana are trying to get something together. Here in TX we might be interested in going in with them.

brandisshortys

I knew Texas has been wanting to host for a few years now.  The members I talked to said they just don't have the manpower put together to pull it off by themselves so a joint host would be great.  Personally, I'd like to see them just pick a couple/few locations and rotate it from year to year like the national show is denver one year and louisville the next.  It seems to me that that would be less stressful.