2010 display bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

SteerQueen27

Hey i was wonderin what you all think of the bull 'its complicated?' Im real familar with him since i buy my show calves from the guy that raised him and owns 50/50 of him wth caldwell. i helped washed him and everything hes a great bull! and the deal about his sire and dam well this guy is a really busy guy who breed him and he operates his big cattle farm with 300+ all by himself so its hard to keep track of everything. great bull though ;)

CAB

SteerQueen27 said:
Hey i was wonderin what you all think of the bull 'its complicated?' Im real familar with him since i buy my show calves from the guy that raised him and owns 50/50 of him wth caldwell. i helped washed him and everything hes a great bull! and the deal about his sire and dam well this guy is a really busy guy who breed him and he operates his big cattle farm with 300+ all by himself so its hard to keep track of everything. great bull though ;)
  He's dead in the water if they can't get it figured out IMO. There are just too many others that we supposidly know about. I do commend the owners for being upfront about the problems with the pedigree though.  (clapping) (clapping)

afhm

herefordfootball said:
I would rather buy semen out of a bull of which you do not know the sire and has truthful owners than a bull with a sire and lieing owners....  ::)
How is stating they don't know who the sire is lying?  That seems pretty honest to me.  With all the different breeds and crosses being used in club calves now days it doesn't raly matter what the sire is as long as he is th and pha tested.  Many people used Sunseeker, Heat Wave and many others before their true pedigree was known.

herefordfootball

afhm said:
herefordfootball said:
I would rather buy semen out of a bull of which you do not know the sire and has truthful owners than a bull with a sire and lieing owners....  ::)
How is stating they don't know who the sire is lying?  That seems pretty honest to me.  With all the different breeds and crosses being used in club calves now days it doesn't raly matter what the sire is as long as he is th and pha tested.  Many people used Sunseeker, Heat Wave and many others before their true pedigree was known.

I didnt say that they dont know the sire is lying, I didnt say they were lying at all.  :-\ I said I would rather buy from truthful owners, like the owners of Its complicated, because they came out and said "We dont know the sire".  :-\  :-\  :-\ Never ever said they lied. I said I would rather buy from them than somebody who lies about the pedigree on a bull.

SteerQueen27

Mike Trienen and Caldwell own him. Hes one of the highest sellin bulls ive ever heard of privately. and yes both of them guys are truthfull and all that. hes an outstanding bull and hes not sittin in water whoever u are. you never know how he could turn out. hes a good one though. both the guy who breed him and owns part of him has so many cows on his own and he does all the work by himself its hard for him to keep track of everything along with other stuff..... hes a tremendous bull!!  (clapping)

herefordfootball

SteerQueen27 said:
Mike Trienen and Caldwell own him. Hes one of the highest sellin bulls ive ever heard of privately. and yes both of them guys are truthfull and all that. hes an outstanding bull and hes not sittin in water whoever u are. you never know how he could turn out. hes a good one though. both the guy who breed him and owns part of him has so many cows on his own and he does all the work by himself its hard for him to keep track of everything along with other stuff..... hes a tremendous bull!!  (clapping)

I'd agree, that bull didnt get too lookin that good with out some good genetics. I'm bettin he's backed by a heck of a good sire, they just have to find out which one. I wouldnt mind breedin him to a club cow myself.

CAB

Does anyone know if Mike & Todd ever were able to figure out the pedigree for It's Complicated?

SkinOK

Show Steaks said:
it wold be interesting to see how many of these bulls actually physically serviced a cow this year

Why would you want to do that? Take the risk of injuring the bull that you have so much money invested in? Not me, I would send him to the Stud and collect him for a while...

LostFarmer

If a bull can't cover 20-25 cows in a pasture and stay sound he better be headed for the rail.  Making hot house flowers out of cattle is doing no one any good.  ::)

Show Steaks

When we took the trip to hawkeye on our school field trip our tour guide  said some bulls dont really know how to jump even. and that some of there sires or grandsires have never even mated a real cow.... how long before clubby bulls forget all together what they are suppose to do with a cow :-\

JSchroeder

They're yearlings.

Even the age old 'one cow per month of age' rule is in reference to bulls that have been preparing to breed cows, not bulls that have been at stud.

Latest posts