2023 herdsires

Help Support Steer Planet:

Duncraggan

What an interesting sire line-up.
All four look to be top-drawer stuff, but "Fillet" has that extra bit of interest for me.
I don't think you could possibly go wrong!

Dale

Endless Meadows, your AI list includes several proven cow-makers. Diamond, the same goes for you. Way to go on not being a member of the bull of the month club!

Our walking bull this spring is Martindell Tradition 1120, who is making his debut.

AI includes JSF Gauge 137W and JSF Times Square. We are mostly a fall-calving herd.

mark tenenbaum

Endless Meadows, your AI list includes several proven cow-makers. Diamond, the same goes for you. Way to go on not being a member of the bull of the month club!

Our walking bull this spring is Martindell Tradition 1120, who is making his debut.

AI includes JSF Gauge 137W and JSF Times Square. We are mostly a fall-calving herd.
Any pictures of the Martindell bull?

Dale

Go to Homeplace Farms on youtube. HHC 1625, a red bull, is the one you are looking for. In the 2:20 video of HHC 1625, Martindell Tradition 1120 is the photobomber across the fence from the old bull, mostly in the last minute of the video. 1120 has developed very well and is running with the cows.

Duncraggan

I've used JSF Gauge 137W in the past. Bred beautifully for me, progeny was mainly bull calves, of which we used two. Both bred well, the one so well that we swapped him back with the purchaser for another breeding stint. Unfortunately he succumbed to a tick-borne disease after his first breeding season! These females have recently calved down and are performing well.
I think, if I remember correctly, that I initially brought in 25 doses. Because of his progeny performance I imported another 25 doses, and currently have 30 doses left in the tank.
Seriously thinking about using another flush in October 2023!
I breed twice a year, and have two studs.

October 2022:

Duncraggan heerd
Crooked Post Stockman 4Z - 7 doses (Canada)
Saskvalley Yesterday 116Y - 9 doses (Canada)
Futuruty Kokoda - 2 doses (Australia)

Primeston herd
Dovea Sir James 2nd - 3 doses (Ireland)
Nonen Gracer Enticer - 4 doses (South Africa)
Nonen Gallipoli - 2 doses (South Africa)

May 2023:

Duncraggan herd
Crooked Post Stockman 4Z - 25 doses (Canada)
Futuruty Kokoda - 8 doses ( Australia)

Primeston herd
Dovea Sir James 2nd - 2 doses (Ireland)
Nonen Gracer Enticer - 1 dose ( South Africa)

The pick-up bulls for October 2022 were:
Primeston Bright Star
Duncraggan Crackerjack 582
and,
May 2023:
Duncraggan Yell 424
Duncraggan Crackerjack 582

Unfortunately P. Bright Star developed a hoof wall abscess and couldn't be used for the May breeding season. Fortunately we could pull D. Yell 424 from our commercial herd!

Unfortunately D. Yell 424, as a mature bull, looks like a bison. Fertility at its best!

My daughter gets back from university in the next fortnight or so, I will get her to post pictures of the walking herd sires.

Latest posts