2nd amendment

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

it's pretty clear that Justice Breyer Stevens, Souter and Ginsburg don't believe in the constitution

it's an outrage this decision wasn't 9-0.  these 4 justices should be impeached, which we, the citizens have a right to do.  these are the same judges who came down on the wrong side of child rape, eminent domain, the 14th amendment and countless other decisions undermining the power of the people.  if you don't think the next election is going to be important, you have another thing coming.  thankfully roberts, scalia, thomas, and alito not about to die anytime soon, the others will probably be replaced within the next 8 years.  souter won't be leaving anytime soon, sadly.

http://www.scotusblog.com/wp/liveblog-opinions-62608/

who is george III of today?    democrats and republicans.  that's why it's difficult to have "a little revolution now and then".  all we get is incrementitis, and it's too much trouble to do anything about freedom.  we WILL have a mugabe in america at some point.  he will be nicer, but we will still have him.

in CA, governor arnold shriver signed into law, giving the air resources board the authority to write legislation to limit where you can live, how many miles you can drive to work and a host of other limitations on carbon generation, all while he flies EVERY night home on his jet.  all the while while import 1 million people every year.  at some point this is going to break.  people love to quote how erlich was wrong.    i used to too.  but he was just wrong about the timing.  there is ALWAYS a correction on population of EVERY species.  ours is coming.  who will volunteer to die to save the planet.  certainly not any environmentalist.  they just expect captialism to die, and with it, freedom.

knabe

Justice Scalia said he thought that the United States was "over-lawed", leading to too many lawyers in the country.

"I don't think our legal system should be that complex. I think that any system that requires that many of the country's best minds, and they are the best minds, is too complex.

"If you look at the figures, where does the top of the class in college go to? It goes into law. They don't go into teaching. Now I love the law, there is nothing I would rather do but it doesn't produce anything."

GRsimm

Boy Knabe you hit the nail on the head there about those guys. Cant wait till some of them are out of there just as long as we get some good ones in there and not ones like them or worse. <hero>

Show Dad

4 Justices vote against the constitution, wonder if they had voted against the 1st amendment what everyone would say. Probably nothing since we wouldn't have any first amendment rights.
<alien>

knabe

people forget that woodrow wilson, our first facist president, and i seriously mean this, had goon squads of over 20,000 speech police arresting people who had things to say about the government.  so did fdr, but to a lesser extent.  both of these presidents were highly commended by facists in europe, even hitler had glowing remarks for FDR.  the left was in love with mussolini, and lenin up until wwii.  of course not one school in america teaches that in k-12 and undergrad.  a total disgrace.

speech is already limited. you can't say you don't believe in global warming or conservative issues on school campuses today without the riot act, suspensions etc, but of course no one is aware of this.

Dusty

knabe said:
people forget that woodrow wilson, our first facist president, and i seriously mean this, had goon squads of over 20,000 speech police arresting people who had things to say about the government.  so did fdr, but to a lesser extent.  both of these presidents were highly commended by facists in europe, even hitler had glowing remarks for FDR.  the left was in love with mussolini, and lenin up until wwii.  of course not one school in america teaches that in k-12 and undergrad.  a total disgrace.

speech is already limited. you can't say you don't believe in global warming or conservative issues on school campuses today without the riot act, suspensions etc, but of course no one is aware of this.

exactly knabe.

A lot of the left's policies and principles are derivatives of fascism. (State control of everything, all for the state.)  It is kind of funny that planned parenthood was started as an organization to distribute birth control to people who were deemed unfit to breed.... Hmm, sound familiar?

Affirmitive action is a fascist principle.  Is it any less fascist to have to hire someone because of their race than to have to not hire someone because of their race.