A few calves !

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

Some have expressed interest in my calves so, here are a few. I think they are all labeled.

Attachments

• 2006 Jake's Proud Jazz Steer.jpg
    2006 Jake's Proud Jazz Steer.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,114
  • 2007 calves Dec. SH.jpg
    2007 calves Dec. SH.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,062
  • 2007 calves Nov. SH +.jpg
    2007 calves Nov. SH +.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 2007 calves Oct. SH + Heifer.jpg
    2007 calves Oct. SH + Heifer.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,047
  • 2007 calves Sept. Macho Heifer.jpg
    2007 calves Sept. Macho Heifer.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,045

shortdawg

I couldn't get them all in one post and I apologize for the picture quality. I had to scan them in b/c my computer decided it doesn't like my memory stick. The JPJ steer ( in the above post) is the one we are showing this year and that pic was taken about 2 months ago. Here are a few more.

Attachments

• 2007 calves Sept. In Focus Bull Calf ( Reg.).jpg
    2007 calves Sept. In Focus Bull Calf ( Reg.).jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,038
  • 2007 calves Sept. Sin City Heifer.jpg
    2007 calves Sept. Sin City Heifer.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 920
  • 2007 calves Sept. Sin City Heifer + Angus Dam.jpg
    2007 calves Sept. Sin City Heifer + Angus Dam.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 903

shortdawg

All the calves are still on their mothers and are green. Pics were taken this morning. The JPJ steer has really done well for us ; 3 Reserve SH Titles, several classes won, and never finishing worst than 2nd in class anywhere. The little JPJ bull that I posted on here a while back is a half bro to the steer.

renegade

First off that white steer is AWESOME :eek: :D!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is he your avatar? If not i like him too. I love the coloring of that blue calf....i guess thats just me being a girl  (lol)

shortdawg

The white calf is the one in my avatar. The avatar pic was taken on 3-2-07, almost a year ago and the new pic was taken this past Dec. We've kept him in the barn since that Dec. show trying to put as much weight on him as possible before our State Show in 2 weeks. He's been one of the top SH steers this year but hasn't been Grand SH yet, so we are trying to get him over the hump. Thanks for the comments !

shortdawg

Kane, We are still showing him so I'll let you know later what I think his finished weight will be. He's not a very framey steer but I think he will look best around 1225-1250 if we can get him there. I think he was a little under 1000 lbs in that pic.

Doc, Thanks for the comments. I thought you would like him. He looks almost identical to the one that won reserve in one of those SH shows at L'ville. The redish-black calves are out of that Spiffy bull that you hauled for me. The steer prospect is out of a White Oak Precise Reg. Angus dam and the brockle faced heifer is out of a Sim/Angus commercial cow( she also has a twin sister) but she's getting a little more groceries. The Macho is out of a Larks Canyon (EXT son) reg. Angus cow and the little SH calf is also out of the Spiffy bull and my Shadra cow. I threw the Reg. Angus bull calf in just in case someone needed one. The pic really don't do him much justice, he is pretty thick for a reg. Angus.

DL

Hey shortdawg - nice calves - good looking kid too! Like the Sin City heifer and the JPJ steer (and of course the white steer) - lots of cool colors and patterns - now all we have to do is have red teach you how to put up smaller pictures - remember us poor landliners - did chores, took a shower,  had dinner and by then they were all up and visible (thumbsup)