Ali Calves in Arkansas

Help Support Steer Planet:

arkieman

I have 2 Ali heifers and one Ali bull that were born late Jan 2008.  They are off commercial Gardiner bred Angus heifers.  I AI'd them w/ Ali for calving ease.  We're not show people, matter of fact, this is our (my son & I) first cattle.  Trying to build a herd to help pay for college, etc.  The heifers look pretty nice to me.  Just wondering if there's anyone local that may be interested in them?

BTW, we also have a heifer calf out of a registered hereford cow and the Maine bull Ice Chest.

They're all still on their mommas and are real gentle.  Over the last month we've been feeding them a little Rice Bran every afternoon and brushing them while they eat..

Thanks
Todd

arkieman

Here's some pics I took this weekend.  Man, it's hot!  They were all born at end of Jan/first of Feb.  I can give anyone the guys name that did the AI.  He currently runs a ranch in Illionois.  They are real gentle and let us brush  them when they are eating.  I've been feeding the 4 of them about half a 5 gallon bucket of rice bran/day.  I believe if you threw the feed to them, they'd really take off.  They all had tons of hair, but with these 100 degree days, they've been shedding off pretty good.  Like I said earlier, I'm not sure how these would show,  but I thought they looked pretty nice.  I'm not sure on the price. If you guys think they would work, let me know and we'll work out something.

I'd appreciate any comments, my email is [email protected]

Thanks for looking.

The three black calves are off Angus heifers and Cowan's Ali.  The black white face is off a registered Hereford cow and the Maine bull Ice Chest.

Ali bull calf
B1side.jpg

b1reara.jpg

Ali heifer calf #1
h1sidea.jpg

h1rear.jpg

Ali heifer calf #2
h2sidea.jpg

h2rear.jpg

Ice Chest heifer
h3side.jpg

h3rear.jpg