all OK in Tornado Alley?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

just wanted to check in w/ members that live in the states hit by tornadoes. Hope all are OK.

Red

doubled

We are all good, my son watched outside his door a tornado passed by to the north- He said the clouds were so wicked looking, I feel so sorry for the families
to the north of us- that tornado was on the ground for 100 miles- We have been through a tornado once the feeling is terrible, my heart goes out to them.
I hope minnimoo is ok??

stumpy

Two out of the last three nights we have had tornado warnings but only got rain and small hail. Some local damage but we are lucky. Does anyone know if the IA storms were close to Oakbar?

doubled

I know they live just north of where the tornados were - I sure hope it missed them- the guys were just up there recently- I will PM him

minimoo38

http://www.kcci.com/video/16395381/index.html

here's a video of some of the damage. there is a small commercial at the beginning, but then the devastation will begin. the news was talking about it being a EF4, with some 5 damage in certain areas.

cpubarn

I spent the Day helping in Parkersburg IA.

AMAZING DAMAGE

I have an uncle who is city clerk.

He has the first good house next to the devestated area.

Attachments

• Pburg2small.jpg
    Pburg2small.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 441
  • Pburg small.jpg
    Pburg small.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 438

oakbar

Thanks for the concern everyone!!    We're all OK at Oakbar!!  The storms passed 30-40 miles south of us and we didn't even get any rain.  I also heard they had bad storms in the Minneapolis area which is 100 miles north of us.  We're still wondering about some friends of ours who we heard were directly in the middle of the damaged area in Parkersburg.  We havent talked to them for quite a while but they were good friends when we were more involved in the paint horse business a few years ago.  In fact, they bought a really nice gelding from us!!  I hope they are all OK!!

Thanks again for the concern!!

doubled

Glad you are all ok- my heart sure goes out to anyone that suffered any of this damage

Chap

I heard yesterday that Todd and Alisa Neil in Fairbank, IA were effected by a tornado.  Todd is part owner in Dr Who.  Reports are their house and barns are leveled and they lost the big majority of their cows. The family is OK.
I was just there last weekend.  A beautiful farmstead and great people.  Please keep them in your prayers.

red

they said there has been 120 more tornadoes than last year.
Keeping all in our thoughts & prayers.
chap, let us know more information on Neils. That would just be devastating.

Red

yuppiecowboy

I cant fathom what Todd Neil is going through. His parents place is gone. His place, the house is damaged but standing, buildings are non existant. He lost ALOT of his cows. I guess Rick Frye took the ones that loked like they might make it to his place, and there werent very many at that. If you would go to Rick Fryes web page there is a pic of an invincible calf todd had. Todd doesnt have him any more. what makes you sick to your stomach is the thought of going through the damage, seeing cows with parts of their bodies torn away, bodies ripped in half, and having to have the fortitude to shoot the ones that are breathing. I have been nauseous since I heard. My God, what do you do? How do you start?

justintime

Since seeing some of the pictures of the damage from these tornados, I have decided that I will never complain again about our dry weather. I cannot fathom this kind of devastation.  Literaly lifetimes of work gone in mear seconds.... this is so tragic! I am amazed, when I have seen some of  these pictures that more human lives have not been lost. I guess that is one thing to be very thankful for, but it still is extremely tragic. I hope this weird weather leaves soon and that these terrible storms are over.

Jill

We were way out in Kansas this weekend and 1 news story showed a map from the tornado's on Friday night and there were probably 50 dots where they had touched down, we spent most of the weekend under a watch everywhere we went.  I do know the little Scott girl lost her steer in one that hit her Grandpa's barn.

doubled

Chap said:
I heard yesterday that Todd and Alisa Neil in Fairbank, IA were effected by a tornado.  Todd is part owner in Dr Who.  Reports are their house and barns are leveled and they lost the big majority of their cows. The family is OK.
I was just there last weekend.  A beautiful farmstead and great people.  Please keep them in your prayers.

Man that is horrible, that family is really nice and hard workers, we have always been impressed by him and his cattle, I feel so bad for him-
I will say a prayer for his family.  That is also horrible about the cows. 

SKF

I am so sorry for everyone who was affected by the recent storms. I hate hearing about a storm where peopel have lost their lives. As hard as things seem now and I know you feel like where do you start and how can you start. Four years ago we were hit head on by a devistating hurricane and it destroyed the town I have lived in all my life. It was unregonizable it looked like a war zone. Lives were lost, homes and bussiness were gone. Both my kids lost their schools. Once you have been through something so devestating you never forget nor can you ever imaging what it is like until you have been through it. At the time I never could have imagined something good come from something so horriable. It was amazing how the community came together and you learn how strong you really are. There were so many jobs because of it that our economy went up, people got new homes that needed new homes, new bussiness, new schools and better building standards. Just today I went to the grand opening of my daughters school and it was an amazing school it took four years but wow is all I can say. So as hard as it seems today everyone will find a way to start and it will be a long road ahead  but they will rebuild and restart their lives over. My prayers are with all of them. Don't give up it will get better just take it one day at a time!!

yuppiecowboy said:
I cant fathom what Todd Neil is going through. His parents place is gone. His place, the house is damaged but standing, buildings are non existant. He lost ALOT of his cows. I guess Rick Frye took the ones that loked like they might make it to his place, and there werent very many at that. If you would go to Rick Fryes web page there is a pic of an invincible calf todd had. Todd doesnt have him any more. what makes you sick to your stomach is the thought of going through the damage, seeing cows with parts of their bodies torn away, bodies ripped in half, and having to have the fortitude to shoot the ones that are breathing. I have been nauseous since I heard. My God, what do you do? How do you start?