Angus Cows

Help Support Steer Planet:

nwhittier19

What Club calve bulls cross well on Purebred angus cows.  Considering Monopoly, Unstoppable, MAB?

DSCSD

They say you cant breed clubbies to angus and get anything powerful enough to compete.... I would re consider Monopoly being as he is already 65% angus. Ive been breeding mine to Maines and Simmis and keeping daughters. If you want steers BIM and Walks click really well they say. Check out Control Freak of Competitive Edge... if your willing to be risky with new bulls!

Limiman12

Isn't Monopoly a Heatwave son out of a PB angus cow?    I would say that worked pretty fair.

pweaver

Walks Alone's can have a bit of an attitude and watch putting him on anything with soundness issues.  JMO from personal experience.  Although Heatwaves can be the same, so just watch what you're doing.

ploughshare

Among the bulls you list I would be hard pressed not to use Unstoppable.  However, Phil Lautner would tell you Paddy would be the go to bull on PB Angus cows. Who for the big framed females.  None of my suggestions are new or hot, but they should at least make some really good clubby females.  Otherwise, heatwave or clone if the cow can handle the bw and stoutness of that mating.