Any deer hunters on SP??

Help Support Steer Planet:

DFSC

Tis' the season! I just thought I would post some pictures from the ranch. Please share yours and any stories you may have  :)

Jordan

Attachments

• buck 6.jpg
    buck 6.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 192
  • buck 7.jpg
    buck 7.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 207
  • buck resized.jpg
    buck resized.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 177
  • buck resized 2.jpg
    buck resized 2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 170
  • buck resized 3.jpg
    buck resized 3.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 173

DFSC

See I'm not much of a hunter.... I really just wanted to get a picture of all the bucks alive before the guys get a hold of them.  (angel)

Jordan

FutureBreeder2013

went out this morning saw 5 of em 2 does and 3 bucks

their sure starting to run  em hard now

on the way out of the woods i saw a buck and crawled up to 50 yards on him til he ran off

clubcalve

Those are some nice bucks. I have shot at a nice 6 about 2 weeks ago but shot low. I am having a ball just being out in the woods. Good luck to everyone <beer> 

Show Heifer

It is a long story, so I will shorten it so some do not get bored.

8 years ago, I went hunting with some friends (I rarely hunt, but this was a rather special hunt). One of them gave me a 20 g single shot to carry "just in case".  After much debate, I was nominated to stand by a certain special tree. My job was to scare whatever came out back at the walkers. A deer came and stook broad side. I decided to aim and fired. The deer fell into a ditch about 50 yards away. Friend climbed down to look, as all I knew was it had antlers. Come to find out, it was a 18 point, atypcial that offically scored a 172. Friend had it mounted and is now hanging on his wall (I don't do dead stuff on the walls). That was the last time I hunted.

If you want details ask, but that is a summary.

Ohioteerchick

okay i think they worked this time

Attachments

• l_885f99f00b9841dc81b21b2583300b43.jpg
    l_885f99f00b9841dc81b21b2583300b43.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 973
  • 095.JPG
    095.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 164
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 168

[cowgirl_up_47

This is only my 2nd year hunting. I drew a youth tag for a special unit about 4 hours from here. We saw tons of deer, around 50 a day just in the unit. Most were white tail does, the only thing I couldn't shoot! We finally saw some bucks, 2 nice 3 point white tails but I couldn't get a shot at them where they were and they ran off. Then we saw a forked horn white tail, but decided to pass him up.

It finally got close to the end of the time we could be down there and we saw the forked horn again. I decided I wanted to shoot him, but he totally disappeared before I could get to a place I could shoot from. We kept walking and saw some more does, but it was getting close to the middle of the day, so we weren't seeing very many deer. They were doing a burn on the next ridge over, so that didn't help us either. We stopped to watch them for a while and turned to keep walking when I spotted a deer on the trail. I dropped to a sitting position where I was, but I could only tell that it was a black tail (which I could get either a doe or a buck). Dad told me it was a spike, but only had 1 antler. I decided to shoot, so I drew the gun up, but he started walking away. Dad did a couple fawn cries and he stopped, but was quartered away. I took a shot, but was low and missed. The deer just ducked his head and stared at us. I shot again and hit him, a gut shot. He hobbled off a few feet and died  in the middle of the trail.The pack wasn't very fun, it was about a mile and a half on rolling hills.

Dad and I were laughing because shooting at targets, I hated shooting sitting, but when I shot the deer, I did it just like I've been shooting that way forever and it was easy for me.

All in all, we both had a great time and got to see a lot of deer and country we wouldn't have been able to see otherwise. My deer could have been bigger, but he's my first deer and I'm happy with him.

Attachments

• Deer.jpg
    Deer.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 236
  • Tree.jpg
    Tree.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 731
  • Basin.jpg
    Basin.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 739

jason

Awesome, sounds like you had a great time.  I am not sure I am going to have the time this year to get a deer.  I did go duck hunting on Sat., but still  not late enough into the season to see any numbers.

[cowgirl_up_47 said:
This is only my 2nd year hunting. I drew a youth tag for a special unit about 4 hours from here. We saw tons of deer, around 50 a day just in the unit. Most were white tail does, the only thing I couldn't shoot! We finally saw some bucks, 2 nice 3 point white tails but I couldn't get a shot at them where they were and they ran off. Then we saw a forked horn white tail, but decided to pass him up.

It finally got close to the end of the time we could be down there and we saw the forked horn again. I decided I wanted to shoot him, but he totally disappeared before I could get to a place I could shoot from. We kept walking and saw some more does, but it was getting close to the middle of the day, so we weren't seeing very many deer. They were doing a burn on the next ridge over, so that didn't help us either. We stopped to watch them for a while and turned to keep walking when I spotted a deer on the trail. I dropped to a sitting position where I was, but I could only tell that it was a black tail (which I could get either a doe or a buck). Dad told me it was a spike, but only had 1 antler. I decided to shoot, so I drew the gun up, but he started walking away. Dad did a couple fawn cries and he stopped, but was quartered away. I took a shot, but was low and missed. The deer just ducked his head and stared at us. I shot again and hit him, a gut shot. He hobbled off a few feet and died  in the middle of the trail.The pack wasn't very fun, it was about a mile and a half on rolling hills.

Dad and I were laughing because shooting at targets, I hated shooting sitting, but when I shot the deer, I did it just like I've been shooting that way forever and it was easy for me.

All in all, we both had a great time and got to see a lot of deer and country we wouldn't have been able to see otherwise. My deer could have been bigger, but he's my first deer and I'm happy with him.

Bone2011

About two weeks ago a farmer found a 5x5 whitetail out in a alflafa feild that scored 208! Aparently it died of natural causes.... The really bad thing was that the feild they found him in was within a mile of some of our ground! I had seen him once last year while i was in a bow stand but couldnt get a shot because of brush. wish i coulda got him this year before he died.